Sunday, March 06, 2005

March 6, 2005

March 6, 2005
I promise we are not trying to one up ourselves each week, although it must seem like it. I thought after last week’s disaster of forgetting a kid at home was as crazy as it would get here, but I guess not. On Friday, I was on the treadmill, trying to get my workout in. I realized Alayna was missing, went upstairs, and found her giving her baby doll a bath in the toilet. After I disinfected everything in sight, I dragged her downstairs and told her to go play so I could keep an eye on her while I did the treadmill. Only a few minutes later, she started screaming. I looked behind me and realized her hand was caught in the treadmill. I jumped off and yanked her hand out. Thank heavens her hand wasn’t mangled or broken. She has 2 fingers that lost a lot of skin. So, we raced to the emergency walk-in clinic here in town. We were there 2 hours and still way down the list. So, I went up angry and asked for a nurse. So, the nurse saw us real quick and told us t o keep her hand bandaged and keep antibiotic ointment on it. Her fingers look pretty infected now, so another trip to the doctor may be in order tomorrow, but I feel blessed that it didn’t end up worse!! Now she walks around saying "No touching mommies treadmill..." Ya think?
Other than that, the week has been fairly uneventful. Now that it’s official, I can let you know about my new calling. I have been called as the Education Counselor in the Stake Relief Society. I am excited, but very nervous. I hope I will be able to do ok in this calling.
I taught Tyler’s primary class again today. Boy they are a wiggly bunch. The girls had a fun activity days on Tuesday where they shared family pictures, recipes, and games.
Last night, we watched "Karate Kid" as a family. What a trip back in time that was. I haven’t seen that movie in so long. Tyler and Kayla have been begging to take karate so we thought they would enjoy the movie. They all loved it. Of course, now they think they can practice on each other. We will have to talk about that.
Well, nothing else to report today. We have a very busy week ahead. Bob and I are even speaking at Enrichment Night on Friday on love. That should be interesting...
Have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4