Sunday, May 08, 2005

May 8, 2005

May 8, 2005
This is my favorite week of the year. I get my birthday and Mother’s day rolled together in one. It has been such a fun weekend. I turned 34 yesterday and am proud of it! Bob took me to Olive Garden for lunch while Marisa babysat the kids. That was so nice. Then Bob and I stopped off at Kohl’s and I bought myself an adorable summer pajama outfit. Then I promptly came home and changed into it. We watched a movie and in lieu of birthday cake I had kitkat bites and chocolate chip cookies- now that is heaven!!

Today, I wore my new outfit I bought for my birthday and Marisa and Kayla made me corsages in Activity Days that matched what I wore. I loved it! So- all of us girls went to church matching today. I also helped teach the RS lesson which I think went well. Sometimes I can be funny and I actually pulled it off today. The kids stayed quiet so I could get a nap and enjoy the day. A special HAPPY MOTHER’s DAY to all you moms out there!!

On Monday, we had one set of missionaries over for dinner and then they stayed (along with my VT companion) to watch "The Work and the Glory". We absolutely LOVED it!! What a wonderful movie. The kids loved it so much that I am going to start reading the books to them. The next night, the other missionaries happened to stop by on their bikes, so we had them stay for dinner too. These poor guys are not getting fed enough...

On Thursday, it was our enrichment night and I was part of the VT program. But the rest was all about Mexico. We had a lady who talked to us about her Spanish heritage (her ancestors were at the Alamo, etc) Then I learned how to make tortillas from scratch as well as homemade chimichangas and guacamole which was so awesome if I do say so myself. We also got the recipe for this yummy kid friendly margarita. Maybe I should post the recipes in case people want them? So, we decided we will do an FHE on that so the kids can learn too.

Kayla had her second track meet this weekend. We had MUCH better weather this time and it was at a big stadium. She did well, but it scared her that everyone was so fast. She wore out on the 200 meter (half track) so we couldn’t talk her into trying the relay run or the 400 meter. It really discourages her that others can beat her, but hopefully she will still try again for her last meet on May 21.

Marisa has been reading like crazy again and finished 2 Nancy Drew books this weekend. We went out bike riding a lot as a family and Tyler has finally learned how to turn as well as dismount without falling over. His knees and legs are horribly bruised but that comes with learning how to ride a bike right?

Alayna really made mommy and daddy mad this week. Sunday night, Bob was making homemade pizza. When he turned the oven on, Marisa kept commenting on a weird smell. I told her it was just misc. stuff on the bottom of the oven. HOWEVER, when Bob went to put the pizza in, we found my scissors and tongs as well as the kids plastic bead projects all on the oven rack. Of course the handles on my scissors and tongs had melted off leaving strings of plastic attached to very hot metal pieces. I swear, I hope she gets 5 kids JUST LIKE HER!!! On the other hand, she has LOVED going outside in the backyard to play and explore. Her favorite past time is chasing birds and bunnies. We just saw that there are baby bunnies now as well. She often goes out by herself and can actually play alone for a while without getting into trouble which has been so great.
Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4