Tuesday, June 20, 2006

June 20, 2006

June 18, 2006

Well, Marisa left for girls camp this morning bright and early. We had thunderstorms all morning, so I am sure camp has already been adventurous. She has been so excited to go. I can’t wait to hear about all the fun things she is going to do. I was supposed to take the kids to the free movie today, but instead opted for a better plan. We went to Family Video to turn in their free movie coupons. We rented Robots, Shark tale, and Sharkboy and Lava girl. Then we went and got popcorn and treats from Walmart. So, the kids are having a fun movie day. At lunch, we went to the church to feed the 66 missionaries attending zone conference. I made two cakes for it last night, one of which flopped. Oh well. Bob has school tonight so I am taking advantage of the kids movie day to clean and get stuff done.

Yesterday, I took the kids to gymnastics again. Then Kayla had her clarinet lessons while I played tennis with Tyler. He is getting pretty good. Marisa went to the church to pack up all her camp stuff, while I mowed the lawn. I swear these days are far more busier than the days during the year!!

Last week:
On Monday, Kayla and Alayna went to gymnastics while I went for my annual Physical. I am thrilled to report all is well. That afternoon, we took Kayla to her Clarinet lessons while I played with the kids at the playground. We had a busy evening working on the garden and yard. I am certainly not complaining because I am thrilled to have a yard that is ALL ours!! I think we finally found a way to keep the bunnies out! We already had a salad with our garden lettuce and it was great. I can hardly wait for the tomatoes.

On Tuesday, I took the kids to the free movie to see Madagascar. I noticed a lot of funny parts I missed the first time through, so even I was entertained. After lunch, we went to Family Video so the kids could get their free rentals for the A’s they got on their report cards. We also vacuumed out the van (it was scary) and washed it at a hand car wash. It was almost 90 degrees and we had a blast washing the car and soaking each other with the giant hose. We must have looked like we were having a party! Then we came home and changed and then did all the grocery shopping for the next 2 weeks. No easy task with 4 children. A good reminder to always do my shopping alone. We filled 2 grocery carts- most of the stuff was requested from the kids. Ugh! That night, we were invited to a friends BBQ. Bob had to go to school, so I took the kids and went. It was a beautiful evening and I got to hangout on the porch swing while the kids put together a skit and jumped on the huge trampoline.

On Wednesday, we had 8 kids over for a huge summer party. However, someone ordered rain! The kids insisted on eating the BBQ lunch outside. I will include the picture. Its pretty funny.

On Thursday, Kayla had clarinet lessons again and Tyler had TKD. Bob had softball. His team lost again. However, he made one of the points for his team when his legs gave out and he rolled over home plate!

On Friday, Bob took Kayla to the Daddy/Daughter Date up at Squaw Creek park. They had a campfire dinner, and played games like crab soccer. Happy Father’s Day to all you Dads. I hope Bob’s was enjoyable for him. I was surprised nothing was given out at church. I thought that was tradition??


Unasked for TV thoughts: We started watching “Treasure Hunters” and LOVE it!! We love figuring out all the clues as a family. We are also playing the game online. What fun!! Of course, we love our show “So you think you can dance” . This year there is a returned missionary that we are routing for! Plus, 2 kids from Orem, one takes where I used to teach many moons ago. The show makes me miss dance. Especially when I start dancing around the house and catch a glimpse in the mirror. Yikes!
We hope all of your are having an enjoyable summer. We look forward to our 2 weeks of vacation coming up quickly. Take care!

Deep thought by Jack Handey:
To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.

No comments:

Utah- Part 4