Monday, March 19, 2007

March 19, 2007

March 18, 2007

It has been another couple of busy weeks. To catch up faster, I will just list what we have been up to. We miss hearing from everyone!!

Marisa had her Festival of Orchestras a couple of Mondays ago. (This was the one she was 2nd chair for 7th grader first violinists) It was an awesome program despite the fact it was 2 ½ hours long. Marisa is doing such a fabulous job and looks like a pro out there. We also got to hear the HS Symphony orchestra (about 100 members) and they were amazing. They did William Tell’s Overture and the new Pirates music. I videotaped it if anyone wants to see Marisa and the HS.

Marisa is also starting on the tennis team after Spring break. She is so excited about that!

Marisa had her solo violin recital last weekend. I can’t remember the piece she played (Minuet maybe?), but she did a great job. She says she feels much more comfortable playing in a large orchestra.

Last weekend, a popular LDs speaker named Barbara Barrington Jones came here to speak to our Stake. She spent all Saturday (9-3) with the young women. Marisa LOVED going. The Stake YW president called Marisa and asked if she would play the prelude music before the main program. Marisa ended up organizing 5 YW into a string quintet to play the prelude and it was fantastic! So, I have asked them to do the prelude to the Women’s symposium coming up next month.

I ended up this week getting a bad stomach virus or REALLY bad food poisoning. I haven’t been that sick in such a long time. I feel much better now, but it knocked me out for a few days. I just hope nobody gets it this week- its Spring Break!!

Speaking of Spring break, I have spent the last few days deep cleaning and organizing. Its always a wonderful feeling to have this place almost perfect- even if it doesn’t last.

I had 3 parent/teacher conferences last week. All fantastic reports!

Last night we started rehearsals for the Stake RS choir I am conducting for the Stake RS symposium next month. We had a bad turn out- only 6 people. I hope we get more the next rehearsal.

Tomorrow Tyler gets to try out for the beginner Boys gymnastics team just for fun. I think he will have a fun time. Kayla still wants to be on team. She has already been accepted, but it’s a large time commitment. I guess we will see what we can arrange this summer.

The job hunt is stressful. I have started applying and pray some jobs will open up. There are some open for a school about 30 minutes away from here, but I think that is just too far away. So, I am hanging on, hoping something will open closer to home.

We celebrate Kayla’s 11th birthday this week. We have a fun party planned for Saturday.

Alayna is doing great. She is less of a pain and much more of a help nowadays. She has been a good listener and I just love it!!

Well, I guess that sums up our last two weeks…
Kris

No comments:

Utah- Part 4