Sunday, April 13, 2008

I spoke too soon

April 13, 2008

The other day I was in a presidency meeting and they were all talking about how sick their kids were. I said, “We are so lucky, none of us have been sick for a long time!” The minute it came out, I knew I had jinxed us. Bob thinks I am crazy, but it’s true. We had 3 different types of sicknesses slam into us the past 2 weeks. We have had a stomach virus, severe cold, and the flu. Note to self: buy stock in Lysol! Marisa, Kayla, and Tyler all missed 3 days of school this week. Marisa had to miss the orchestra trip to Linn Grove and the 8th grade job shadowing day. I had the stomach virus last week and now have the cold.

I would love to give a report on what has been going on around here, but since we have all been so sick, there is little to report. We did, however, get a fun visit from Jonathan and his new wife, Kristi. It was so great to meet her and have them come visit here in Iowa. It even snowed while they were here so we could give them a taste of Iowa!

Marisa started tennis, but we have had almost constant rain so I think she has only had 2 practices. Yesterday she took the ACT again. Last week she went to a murder mystery overnighter with her friends from school. She had a blast, but she didn’t get much sleep. (We will post her picture) Alayna’s class is hatching baby chicks, they will hatch this week. Tyler got the solo for the 4th grade choir concert!! We are so proud of him! Kayla is extra lucky because I am subbing her math class for 2 weeks! I am subbing for her teacher who went in for surgery this week. Tomorrow we have a field trip to Camp Courageous ( with all the 6th graders) It should be 54 and sunny- good thing since we are outside all day. I have been subbing every single day, which is great. Still no job openings. Sounds like there probably won’t be this year.

Ok, I guess that’s my quick update. Hopefully we will all start feeling better and have a good week. We would sure love to hear from everyone- hint, hint!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4