Sunday, January 11, 2009

Snow, dogs, and dancin'

January 11, 2009

Another chilly week has literally blown by!

1. We started back to school on Monday with a 2 hour delay because of the sheets of ice over the road. It was an unexpected delay so most of us were showered and dressed before we saw the delay. It didn’t stop me from hopping back into bed though.

2. We babysat the dogs Whitney and Taylor again. Tyler and Alayna are particularly good with them and I included some pics on the blog. I am not particularly fond of the whole “wet dog” smell, but they sure are good dogs.

3. Our family spent Friday night setting up for the Primary Quarterly Party that I was in charge of. I spent HOURS putting together FHE binders for every family in primary, a temple bingo game, sculptionary, and the breakfast. Even bought all the food. THEN…we got pounded! We got about 7-8 inches of snow! And the roads were slick so the party was cancelled. I was devastated in a way because no one got to see our beautiful set up and all that work. But I was happy in a way because I hopped back into bed until noon (I do have a valid reason for sleeping that long) Anyway, the Primary President took some quick pics on her phone before it was all torn down, so I will include them just so anyone can see them. It was all decorated in rainbow colors and looked awesome!

4. I am running the school Geography Bee along with another teacher this Wednesday. One of my students will be competing too. I also start running the Battle of the Books in February.

5. I don’t often recommend shows since people have such different tastes, but if you haven’t seen “Superstars of Dance” you really should watch an episode. Our family loves it!! There are 8 countries competing (Ireland, India, USA, Argentina, China, Russia, South Africa and Australia) and they do dances native to their country. They have groups, duets, and soloists. We have loved seeing the different cultures and stories behind them. The host is Michale Flatley from “Riverdance”. It really makes me think of my parents and how grateful I am that they raised us kids to appreciate and respect different cultures. We are now trying to do the same for our kids. I think it is on Monday Nights.

6. On another note I am ecstatic 24 starts again tonight and Lost this week. It has been entirely TOO long!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4