Friday, October 09, 2009

Top 10 things I learned from getting my gallbladder out

Top 10 things I learned from getting my gallbladder out

10. You don’t really NEED your gallbladder. Whew! What a relief! Apparently the liver will take on any task that the gallbladder was assigned.

9. Don’t EVER, and mean EVER, have Tyler around if you have GB surgery. That boy fell down a flight of stairs, bonked his head, stubbed his toe, BUT saved the ICE CREAM!! He was so proud. I laughed so hard that it literally hurt and made me cry.

8. Hospital food has REALLY improved since I gave birth to Marisa. No, I mean REALLY improved. They had a menu, I could call and order ANYTHING on that menu and they would bring it to me any time of day 24/7. Makes me sad I wasn’t in the hospital longer!

7. Bikini’s are definitely out for me. Not that I was actually considering a bikini photo shoot, but, well…you know.

6. Having a private room in the hospital is the best! TV, remote control bed, huge tiled bathroom with shower, wireless internet, peace and quiet…

5. Guess how many things you use your stomach for? Coughing, breathing (trust me),, laughing, sneezing, getting out of bed, getting into and out of a tub, walking sitting in a chair, lifting your legs, lifting a milk jug, etc.

4. Joke: What’s the gallbladder’s favorite band? The Rolling Stones.

3. There is nothing better than the excuse to only wear pajamas, no makeup, and very scary hair for 2 weeks!

2. Whoever said “laughter is the best medicine” never had GB surgery. Trust me, the VERY last thing you want to do is laugh!

1. Pain medication makes me very happy…

3 comments:

The Borden Family said...

This is great. Way to go....having a great attitude about it all. Wish I could have been there to see the Tyler episode. I could use a good laugh today. Hope you are feeling better.

Grace Hart said...

Wow it almost sounds like you need a few extra gallbladders so you could have one taken out whenever you need a break! :)

I'm glad you are doing better!

Unknown said...

That's about what having a C-section feels like! I completely understand your pain. I'm glad you got through it.

Utah- Part 4