Sunday, April 14, 2013

ALayna “the brave” and iHartbooks

Tyler Jazz Band

Tyler not only told me he had a concert, but he told me he had a solo!! So, I finally got to attend one. Here is the link to the piece they did that featured his solo. He was awesome!! I’m so proud. He also participated in the State Solo/Ensemble brass band contest on Saturday and he was in an ensemble. They don’t know how they did yet.

DSCF1874

DSCF1873

DSCF1869

Alayna, “The Brave”

So, Alayna auditioned for the school talent show. She sang a song accapella and played in a small orchestra group. She was accepted into the show with both pieces. So, this Friday she performed and Bob got to go see and tape it. She sang her solo (with no fear), played in her orchestra group, sang a piece with her school choir group, and participated in her 5th grade “Harlem Shake”. That night was the Family Fun night at the school, so we went for the family dinner and then sweet, sweet Tyler stayed with Alayna and her friends so they could play all the carnival games. Alayna even won a cake at the cake walk. She also got to go to a friend’s birthday at a waterpark in Dubuque- so she has had quite the week!!

Kayla and the 2 proms!

Kayla has been asked out to both proms which is very exciting! Finding dresses is the hard part. But I am so excited for her.

On my mind

For some reason, the idea of family history, organizing family photos, making blog books, etc has been on my mind a lot lately. I’m not sure why. Bob and I found this cool unique desk that is like a desk between two hooked bookshelves. I set up a “family history/scrapbooking” area and I just love it. What you don’t see are the ten boxes of pictures, newsletters, etc. that I went through and spent hours organizing. It was a fabulous thing to do through conference last weekend and to work on this weekend. I now have it separated into projects that I may not get to until I retire, but it is a start.

How grateful I am that I kept copies of letters I sent out to family! I kept all negatives and pictures. I even found all the letters I kept that I received from siblings on their missions (which I will send back to you for your own history books). I am so thrilled that each of my children will leave this home with a huge set of blog books that chronicle their loves here in our home. As we age, our memories fade, so I am grateful that this is something that meant enough to me to keep up with all along.

DSCF1886

iHartbooks

I am working on my new email and new book website which you will all be dying to follow. Bob helped me take pics today. Here are a couple of sneak peeks.

DSCF1884

DSCF1877

3 comments:

CinnaPatty said...

So, I have a question... Why does she need two dresses? One can't be worn to both? This is probably why I only have sons...

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

Actually she said she would wear one- but we are looking for 2 cheap ones anyway...lol

CinnaPatty said...

Ha ha! Good luck! The search can be exhausting...which is why I'm glad I only have sons. Hee hee hee.

Utah- Part 4