Friday, April 11, 2014

Marisa 4/7/14

Good afternoon everyone!

Other than conference, our week wasn't terribly eventful.  Unfortunately though, were discovering that some people here LOVE to talk talk talk talk.  We tried to teach a lesson to an investigator this week who literally talked for an hour and a half straight, seemingly without taking a breath, and when we tried to step in and teach something he just talked louder.  And its a rule in our mission that our lessons only be 15 minutes long...so that was a little rough.  And also its really hard to find people at home. It always seems that as soon as we arrive at someones house they "just left".  Ugh.  But the Lord is really helping us to have little miracles everyday. 

I hope you all had the chance to watch General Conference - it was really amazing as always.  Luckily I got to watch most of it in English, so that was a blessing.  I learned a lot, including the fact that we are more important to our Heavenly Father than a tree (according to Elder Anderson) haha.  We are really pumped because in May Elder Anderson and maybe another apostle are going to come speak to us in our mission.  I cant wait!  We were actually able to get 6 less actives to conference - miracle!  I only got to hear a part of Boyd K. Packer's talk but it sounds like hes about ready to pass on.  I wonder if he'll make it to the next conference... One thing he said though was really interesting.  He said, "I know Christ lives, because I KNOW Him."  How incredible would that be to actually KNOW our Savior.  I know that if we follow the counsel we received during conference that we will begin to know our Savior.  He loves us and knows us, and all we have to do to love and know him is keep his commandments and love others as he does.  I really liked a phrase from Elder Rasband, "We have to learn to value and love what the Lord loves".  Just think about that.  That's really cool, and I think we all need to do better at that.  God loves our neighbor, but do we?  God loves righteousness, so should we, etc. 

I hope you all have a fantastic week!  I love you!

SAM_0484

SAM_0478

SAM_0483

SAM_0479

No comments:

Utah- Part 4