Sunday, June 07, 2015

Projects Galore

First I have to give a HUGE thanks to Patty Hansen for checking on Tyler and bring him something special to let him know people care about him and were worried about the accident.  We were all so touched by your kindness!  We hope his luck will improve as well!

IMG_20150531_085328371

IMG_20150531_085353654_HDR

He was sick this week- his stomach kept hurting but he wouldn’t let me take him in to have it checked.  Then he discovered a HUGE bruise all the way across his abdomen (I am not allowed to post the picture).  It must have been where the seatbelt locked to hold him in place.  He was pretty sore but is doing much better this weekend!  We did spend an enormous amount of time on the phone with insurance people and the DMV.  What a nightmare and even with insurance, it cost us a ton.

We are, however, extremely grateful to be in summer vacation.  It is needed more than ever before.  We has so much that needs to be done on the house as well as focus on health and family.  This was a good week and we accomplished a lot.  Bob and I even got a date in!  We went to dinner  and then out to see the movie “San Andrea” and we just loved it!!  It’s the ultimate natural disaster film with lots of action.  We especially love the Wehrenberg Tuesday specials where tickets and concessions are only $5!

I finally finished Marisa’s mission blog book.  It’s not perfect, but I think its so cool that we can do stuff like that now.  To have her entire mission documented with her letters and pictures for our family history is so dang awesome!

IMG_20150531_184906381

I have been back on the treadmill, extremely active and FINALLY sleeping!!!  It feels wonderful to be almost back to normal.  Blood pressure is better but still high.  I am working on that.  The kids did a bike ride this week and almost died! 

ALayna is planning and cooking all the meals for the next 2 weeks for her personal progress.  Woot woot!

Bob has done a phenomenal job on the staining.  Both bathrooms and the kitchen staining are done plus he put the new handles on.  Its so beautiful that I just want to cry.

We are almost completely done with the yard work.  I FINALLY got to sew the stupid rip in the trampoline that happened over 2 years ago.  It took me 3 hours and then we got pool noodles and cut them to cover the springs since the trampoline pad was worn and ripped.  Doesn’t it look awesome?!?!

IMG_20150605_125810176

We also cleared out between the garden boxes. We are putting down black fabric to keep out the weeds and covering it with pea pebbles.  It is looking so nice!

IMG_20150603_103229976

IMG_20150603_104559603

We built a new corrugated cardboard cage for Rosie and Lily and added a ramp for them.  They love it!

IMG_20150605_145305340

I also deep cleaned the carpets in the guest room, Tylers room, and the exercise room and boy were they gross!!! 

My brother, awesome as always, got me 3 signed books at the Denver Comic-Con including a signed World War Z from Max Brooks!!  I am getting quite the collection!

IMG_20150602_144133129

IMG_20150602_144115916

I guess that’s it for this week.  Lots of projects and fun planned for this week.  Tyler has an interview at Hyvee this week- keep your fingers crossed, he needs a job!  Waiting on pic from my girls…hint hint!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4