Sunday, July 05, 2015

How many shades of gray?

Happy 4th of July to all!  Tyler and Alayna made it back safely after an awesome trip to Arizona and California with the Hart grandparents and enjoyed spending time with cousins.  They had a wonderful time!  My favorite quotes from Alayna when she got back were "I was stung by a scorpion and I never want a chicken, they are too hard to catch."

 

We had a fun 4th of July with a family BBQ and watched Independence Day since Alayna had never seen it before. 

IMG_20150704_172906704_HDR

Clearly Marisa and Kayla are having way too much fun!.  Marisa got to do security for the Stadium of Fire last night!  I need to ask her if she had to body slam anyone into the ground.

The bad news this week was that my mom fell down some stairs and suffered a compression fracture on her lower spine.  It was a tough week as she couldn’t keep any food down because of the pain meds and the pain was really bad.  Mom, you are in our prayers.  We hope for a speedy recovery!

It was so cool, due to modern technology, that we could talk to all of our kids at the same time even though we were in 4 different states!

IMG_20150628_182410401_HDR

Bob and I worked like crazy on home projects.  It wasn’t a relaxing week, but it was a very productive one!

First, we finished most of the computer room.  The big counter we ordered will be here tomorrow.  Basically we took out the 3 old desks and will be putting a white counter along the wall instead.  I made a wall to display my blog books of our travels (I also finished my 2014 blog book and our cruise blog book this week!!!)

Here is the blog wall with my family history desk (where my desks used to be):

IMG_20150629_121439851_HDR

Here is the wall where Tylers desk was.  We put the shelving unit in and we still have some more painting to go.  The white counter will go below it.

IMG_20150702_152417857

We had a terrible time trying to come up with the right colors for our bedroom.  I can’t even tell you how many hours have gone into the color scheme and remodeling!  We sure tried a lot of shades of gray!

IMG_20150702_142925472

Heres a sneak peek at the master bedroom:

IMG_20150704_203336850_HDR

Here you can see the new colors of the bathroom.  Bob stained the cabinets and we got rid of the lavender after 11 years.  It’s a beautiful soothing color and I love it.  Plus I always get a kick out of the fact that Bob is always fixing toilets or things by the toilets on his days off!

IMG_20150703_104347012

No comments:

Utah- Part 4