Sunday, June 05, 2016

Starting the summer with a bang!

Monday was Memorial day and we had huge plans to go see Cpt. America Civil War, but Alayna woke up sick with what we thought was a bad cold.  She has continued to get worse and sadly missed her last 2 days of middle school Sad smile

I am officially done with Anamosa and extremely happy to never be there again.  But I will certainly miss the teachers and students at AMS.  It’s time for a new adventure!

Glad Kayla is ok.  She had a 4 wheeler fall on her and ended up really sore.  We are so grateful she didnt break anything!

In the spirit of getting all the yucky things done 1st, we took Tyler in to get all 4 wisdom teeth taken out.  Today he feels the worst he has since the surgery.  Not a happy camper.  His surgery wet well although they found several cysts which they have sent down to be tested.  He was hilarious after the surgery but they said no videos or pictures in the office.  I stole a picture anyway.

IMG_20160602_090414155_HDR

When I 1st walked in he looked at me and whispered “Do you see that bag? (referring to the IV bag) It’s VERY SCARY.”  His head went up and down and then he fell back asleep.  A few minutes later he woke up and started feeling his face and said, “oh no, did they take my lips?”  I told him no and he said, “Oh good” and went back to sleep.  Then he woke up and informed me he liked pudding before he went back to sleep.  Then, he woke up again saying he wants to go home and I said we have to wait for the IV fluids to get him.  “Why don’t I just DRINK this dumb bag.  It would be faster.  This is taking a whole stupid year. Then we could go home and I can get pudding.  Let me just drink the bag.”  Then he got this scared look on his face and said, “Oh no!  Did they take off my lips??”  I was totally cracking up!

On Saturday, it felt like things were working against us getting to the temple.  We pushed to go anyway.  It was a youth temple trip for our ward but since I am done with work, I was finally able to go as well.  Alayna was feeling much worse and Bob and I weren't feeling well either.  Got in the car only to find that it rained badly the night before and i had left my car window open so the floor and seat (and therefore my butt) were all wet.  We also went the wrong way twice.  But, we eventually got there right when our group was entering the temple.  Grandma Hart gave Alayna several family names and Bob was able to baptize her.  There was a very special sweet spirit there.  I think these beautiful ladies have been waiting for a while and I am so grateful we went!

IMG_20160604_112255162

IMG_20160604_112328404

It was also awesome that Jared, there on a summer mission in Nauvoo, was easy to find and we got to say hi to him!!

IMG_20160604_114025255_HDR

We stopped at the Happy Joes Buffet on our way home and Alayna continued to get worse.  This morning I had to take her to the doctor.  She has a severe sinus infection, bless her heart.  We now have her on meds so hopefully she will start feeling better soon and we can party!!!

I have already started on our home projects and I am making some great progress.  It is exciting to finally be sleeping and getting things accomplished!  Here’s to a successful week where everyone feels well!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4