Sunday, January 09, 2005

January 9, 2005

January 9, 2004
I have one phrase that sums up my thoughts this week: "Whose stupid idea was it to move here???". No , I am just kidding, but I did wonder what possessed us to leave a state with such beautiful weather to move to a Winter Wonderland. On Monday, I got the kids up and ready for school. They went outside to wait for the bus. However, our driveway was so slick that they kept slipping and sliding down the driveway, no matter how hard they tried to stay nicely in their single file line. It was comical. A guy came out and told us school was cancelled that day. Sure enough, all the roads were covered in black ice. Our kids loved it though because our driveway become a sledding hill. Even the neighbors came over to sled. They had such a blast. On Tuesday, school was cancelled as well because of the solid ice.
On Wednesday and Thursday school was cancelled, but not for the ice. It was because of the foot of snow that fell! The kids were in heaven. They played outside for hours at a time. Our neighbors were so sweet. Their 14 year old came out early in the morning on his 4 wheeler with a HUGE shovel attached and shoveled off our entire driveway. I was so touched! That day I went out and spent over 1 ½ hours shoveling the sidewalks and decided that is for the birds! We HAVE to buy a snow blower before I blow out my back. It truly is beautiful to look at, I am just not so thrilled at the slipping and sliding in the freezing cold. But that’s ok.
I apologize for not emailing all of you back who have emailed me recently. Our internet shut down for almost a week for no reason. And then one night it just turned back on. It was the oddest thing! So, I will get to returning those letters right away.
Everyone here is doing great. It was funny one day because Alayna was searching the house for anything chocolate. We thought we had hidden it all, til we found she had the cocoa mix, had spilt it, and was licking it off the floor! I have to admit I have chocolate cravings like that as well!! Marisa moved up to the full size violin this week and Dad, you will be happy to know they are doing the Suzuki method.
Kayla is part of a neat program tonight called "It’s great to be 8." It’s a program at church to get all the 8 year olds excited for the year ahead and they have the kids who turned 8 be part of the program, so she and I are going to that tonight. Tyler survived this week even though he managed to erase my very comprehensive and organized grocery list for the week!
Bob and I switched babysitting nights with the Garcia’s this week. Their kids came over Friday night. We had a fun party with all the kids and watched "Agent Cody Banks 2". Then last night, Bob and I were able to take our kids to their house and go out on a date. I was so happy because it has been SO long! We tried a new restaurant called Biaggi’s (sp?) and we loved it! Then we walked around the mall and then went to McDonalds for McFlurries. I had the best time! So, we have agreed to do that more often. We also finished season 3 of "Alias". Although it wasn’t our favorite season, we loved it all the same. We LOVED seeing the start of season 4 this week and are excited for "24" starting tonight!!!
We started our 9:00am church this week. I actually think I will like it better, although I will miss sleeping in. We got a new ward mission leader who is very energetic. So, we have the missionaries coming for dinner on Thursday to head start the new program. Looks like we will be busy.
Well, that is all that we have been up to. We hope to hear from you soon. (Actually we hope its your new years resolution to stay in touch-jk!) Have a fabulous week!!!
Love, Kris and family

No comments:

Utah- Part 4