Sunday, February 19, 2006

Feb 19, 2006

February 19, 2006

I am finding it hard to find a good time to write the newsletter. This whole month I have been traveling with the Stake , so the Sundays seem to be gone before I know it. Last week we traveled up to Wavely and Fayette, almost 2 hours from here. Waverly finally got a chapel which is so exciting! Today we are visiting all 3 Cedar Rapids wards, so at least I can be there to help Bob with the kids during Sacrament.

We ended up with one snow day which was kind of silly. We were told this gigantic storm was headed in and would drop 6-8 inches overnight- we got about 2, but they cancelled school anyway, which I didn’t mind. But now we have to do a makeup day. Oh well. It is 4 degrees outside and was -10 yesterday. Mighty chilly if I do say so myself. A great excuse to stay in doors and play.

Speaking of playing, we got to watch some really fun movies this week. Sky High was so cute and we laughed so hard during it! Then we enjoyed Zathura on Friday night. What an adventure! Last night, Bob, Tyler and I watched half of Batman Begins. I love it so far. I like it way better than the past Batmans that have been made. Can’t wait to see the end...

The girls start volleyball this week. Marisa is going to give it a try this session. It will be fun for them to play on a team together. Alayna has another session of gymnastics starting this week. Tyler was supposed to test for his orange belt this weekend, but it was two hours away so we decided to wait so he can test closer to home. We got notice that next week is Alayna’s preschool teachers last day. I am so very sad, she is an excellent teacher. I guess she is going into banking. We are really going to miss her. I hope they get another great teacher.

We finished our car and home 72 hour kits. I even laminated emergency cards for each of us to put in our bags. I feel so relieved to have that done.

Well, I guess that’s it for now. Hope everyone had a Happy Valentines Day!!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4