Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sweet Rolls, Practicum, and the busyness of it all!

The week: I made more sweet rolls, because I love them. Odd that no one in my house does.

DSCF1295

Tyler was busy practicing OPUS, showchoir choreography camp, and school work. Kayla worked (and had to miss a fun stake activity because she couldn’t find anyone to cover for her) and had tons of homework.

Alayna had OPUS practice, running club, STOMP, and homework. She also made a really cool painting at Activity Days this week. They had to paint their testimony and she did the beautiful painting of the stable where Jesus was born.

DSCF1301

We got our AMAZING family pictures by Brandi which are posted on facebook and I will post here soon. They turned out great!

Saturday: We did a family bike ride around the neighborhood. Trying to get in shape before the Color Run. We cleaned the house, made 9 jars of homemade salsa, picked a gallon of raspberries, did the laundry, etc. It was a long day but we got tons done. Bob even fixed the dying dryer with a $7 part. Its nice to have it up and running.

DSCF1296

DSCF1297

Practicum: Well, I survived my 3 days of Practicum at Linn Grove. I worked with 2 great women in their library and I had an AMAZING time. I realized how much I actually liked the elementary school.

My integration lesson was slightly short of a massive disaster. Teaching 2nd graders technology when the computers are wigging is like herding cats. I completed the lesson, they liked me and the marshmallow snowmen I made them, but that was it. I’m pretty sure it scared the teacher that I am actually in a Masters program because I don’t think she was too impressed. At least its done.

DSCF1293

We are praying VERY hard that a position will open for me in the coming year!!

Then, I had to head back to normal work Thursday. Since I cant find the words to describe how I feel about work the past month, I shall share a meme that sums it up beautifully!

image

4 comments:

CinnaPatty said...

Mrs. A at LG said they LOVED having you there in the library! :) Good job.

And we LOVE the rolls. :) Yum yum.

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

Really?? That makes my day! I loved being there so much!

The Borden Family said...

Who doesn't like cinnamon rolls? That's amazing.

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

I know, right?? My family is crazy!

Utah- Part 4