Sunday, September 16, 2012

Marisa 9-16-12

September 16, 2012

All my classes are really enjoyable and I’m learning so much. I have great teachers that really know what they’re talking about. I’m starting to make friends in my classes and I’m somehow keeping on top of all the work. The only bad thing right now is that I have no idea what any of my grades are in any of my classes. The University is beta testing a new online grade book program thing, which in theory is really cool, but it won’t allow us to see our grades at all. Hopefully soon I’ll be able to see how I’m actually doing! We turned in our first essay for American Heritage (outer darkness) last week and got them back this week. Turns out I did better than the average! But the average score was 5/10…I’m happy though. I’m going to survive this class. I had to write a paper last night completely in French, so we’ll see how that one turns out.

image

On Wednesday night for my guitar class I got to go out to dinner to this place called Guru’s where my guitar teacher and his band was performing (this place has amazing sweet potato fries for anyone who comes through Provo), and we get extra credit for going. It was awesome!

On Friday we had an adult session of Stake Conference, which is weird because we’re all adults and we all have to go, but it went for 2 hours straight on a Friday night and it was a little hard to get through. The talks were great but I was falling asleep a little bit. It’s actually kind of amazing how I’m pretty much sleeping in every day compared to high school, but I’m still soooo tired. Oh well. I guess I’m not as young as I used to be ;) We have regional conference, though, today and Dallin H. Oaks is going to be presiding, which I’m really excited about. It may not be a big deal for all these Utahns, but it’s kind of really awesome for me :D

Yesterday our stake took a huge trip to Brigham City (about 2 hours away) to go to the open house of the new temple. It was a really long trip both ways in a really stuffy bus, but it was worth it. When we got there, the line was huge and part of the time we were stuck out in the hot sun, but once we got inside it was really nice. It was beautiful. Next Sunday they are going to broadcast the dedication in our Marriott so we can all kind of attend. I already have my ticket, but I still need to find a white handkerchief…I might just end up using a tissue or something haha.

I’ve had a lot of creamery ice cream this week, so hopefully I won’t get that freshman 15 haha. Oh I also went shopping this week with a roommate and it was super stressful! None of us have a car, so we had to rent a car from hertz, which we only get for an hour, and we didn’t think about how much traffic there would be around the time we reserved, so we had to rush there, run around the store, and then rush back. I got a bunch of stuff I needed, though, so it’s all good haha.

I didn’t get to watch the game last night against Utah, but I heard all about it. Very very sad indeed :( Still no dates yet, but I think we are inviting a room of guys over for a Sunday dinner tonight, so maybe soon…? As you can see, this will be the most important part of my update every week haha. I love you all!

1 comment:

The Borden Family said...

Glad to hear it all. What? Rent a car....that's funny!

Utah- Part 4