Sunday, September 09, 2012

Marisa- 9-8-12

September 8, 2012

Well school has been really good this week. I dropped one of my French classes, which was causing me a lot of stress, so I feel very relieved. I’ve of course had a lot of homework this week, but I’ve somehow been able to stay on top of it all and do pretty well in my classes so far. I really enjoy my classes though and I feel like I’m starting to get into kind of a rhythm and feel really comfortable here.

This week some of my roommates and I were able to walk over to the Provo temple and do a session. It’s SO nice to be within walking distance of a temple. It’s such a blessing that I really don’t think Utah members appreciate at all. I can just go to the temple when I’m done with classes, where before I had to take a day off of work on the weekend to take the long trip. It was pretty interesting to see how different the Provo temple is from the Nauvoo one. I’ll hopefully be able to go every week. For my Book of Mormon class I have to choose a “self-directed” project for the semester that I do for at least an hour every week, so I’m going to try to do a temple session every week along with some family history indexing online.

I found kind of a job for the semester. Basically all I have to wear a pedometer and accelerometer for the semester and check in to this office every couple weeks so they can download the data and they will pay me $150. Easy money! And since I don’t have a job right now this is great!

This week Jared and I were able to meet up with Chris and Wendy to go to dinner with them and attend the LA chapter lunch party with them. It was fun to see them as we haven’t seen them for a while. It’s great to see family and have visitors come through BYU, so if any of you are ever in the area… ;)

Last night Jared and I tried to go to a humor u performance (one of the comedy groups on campus), but it ended up being sold out, so we wandered over to another part of campus where we heard a band playing and ran into a comedy show by a group called “Comedy Sports” which was really hilarious and free! So we got pretty lucky. Then we went to a dance for a little while, which was actually really fun. Unlike our stake dances back home, they actually play good dance music here. Today Jared and I went to the football game against Weber State together. It was really fun, but super hot outside. I definitely like the nighttime games a lot better so far…it’s a lot of fun though being a crazy fan!

Other than those few things, nothing too exciting has happened. And no, no dates yet haha. But I love BYU and I feel so blessed to be here!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4