Sunday, September 23, 2012

Marisa- Sept 23

September 23, 2012

What did Marisa do this week? Nothing too exciting really… On Monday our FHE went up the canyon and had a little barbeque, which was really fun. On Tuesday Missy and Clark and family came down from Salt Lake to take Jared and me to dinner, which was really fun. It was great to see them. Also, on Tuesday I tried one of Jamba Juice’s secret flavors for the first time: white gummy bear. It was really, really good and actually tasted like a white gummy bear! If you haven’t tried any secret flavors, you should look up the secret menu online and try some. It’s pretty cool :)

image

Wednesday I got to meet up with my Spanish “study buddy” for the first time. She’s from Bolivia, and basically we just get together and practice speaking each other’s languages, so I get practice speaking Spanish and she gets practice with English. It’s pretty cool. Thursday was just a hectic day of homework-doing, which wasn’t really fun :P Friday was also pretty busy, and I got to go to BYU’s International Cinema to see a movie about Mexican and Central American immigrants trying to get to the United States. It was really sad but it was great to watch a movie in Spanish!

image

Yesterday my roommates and I were busy cleaning and catching up on homework and sleep. 4 of my roommates had dates last night and I, this must be surprising, didn’t haha. I know this will happen eventually. I can’t go the whole year without getting a single date, right? Right? Haha oh well. This morning I was able to be part of the Brigham City Temple Dedication, which was really cool.

It’s been pretty interesting to see people I know from back home. For a lot of my roommates it’s totally normal to see people to know because they’re from Provo, but not many of us Iowan’s make the trek all the way out here for school. This week though, I met up with Spencer Mitchell for the first time in several years and got to kind of catch up with him, which was cool. I also saw (elder) Cody Bringham this morning but didn’t get to talk to him. I’ve also seen quite a few kids from our stake on campus, which is always fun.

image

(Marisa studying and roomate on netflix)

I’m sad to report our football team isn’t doing so hot right now, but I’ll be there to support them next week against Hawaii! We should hopefully win that one… fingers crossed…Anyway, life is good and I’m really enjoying college. I feel like this University was made for me. It’s everything I want and need all in one fun little Mormon bubble. I’m kind of craving chocolate covered cinnamon bears right now…if any of you come through Provo, make sure to stop by the BYU bookstore and try some of those. They are so good…I hope all is going well back home and with all my family! :)

No comments:

Utah- Part 4