Sunday, August 06, 2006

August 6, 2006

August 6, 2006

Can it really only be two weeks until school starts again? We actually start registering for classes tomorrow. I am also excited to begin subbing and volunteering at the schools. I will work the Wilkins registration g for a couple of hours on Tuesday. And so it begins...

On Thursday, Bob took the kids to Illinois to see an old friend, Jim Mitchell, and his family. Even Grandma and Grandpa Hart were able to come. They had such a fun time picnicking in the park. I stayed home and worked for HOURS on my resume and cover letter. Talk about depressing. Being out of the field for 12 years isn’t good. On Saturday though, I am attending the Stake Employment seminar and they said if I bring in my resume and cover letter, they will help me fix it up so I can turn it in to the HR department with my teaching portfolio.

Yesterday, I took Tyler to Clinton, Iowa again to test for his green belt. He did a great job and we will find out some time this week if he earned it. Then he has decided to take a short “break” this fall and do Flag football and gymnastics. Kayla and Alayna will be doing gymnastics as well. Kayla will be joining the preteam and is very excited about it. She is just flourishing in her class.

We also had the missionaries over last night for dinner, along with a new family in our ward that just got baptized. She is my new VT companion. After they left, we watched “Cool Runnings” as a family. I forgot how funny that movie was.

I deep organized and deep cleaned the entire bottom floor of the house, going through every box and all the kids clothes. This week I will do the whole top floor and the next week I will steam clean all the carpets. Then we should be 100% ready to go for school. We went and bought all the kids school clothes and organized all their school supplies and we are ready to go! We found all these awesome shirts for Kayla that were only $1 a piece, so we stocked up on those. The tough part was getting everyone shoes. I told them they are not allowed to grow anymore!

Everything else here is pretty normal. We were thrilled to get rain with cooler temps today. It has just been too hot. Bob and I were asked to teach the youth next week a ballroom dance routine. That should be very entertaining. Bob did find out how he will have to have surgery on his nose again, just FYI.
Until next week...

No comments:

Utah- Part 4