Sunday, December 10, 2006

December 10, 2006


December 10, 2006

I may not have gotten a newsletter up last week, but I did finish the Christmas letters which should be in the mail next week. Things here are a steady stream of “busy”. Thankfully all are healthy and we hope to keep it that way. Bob, Alayna, and I all got flu shots which we hope will help us through this winter season.

We are so excited because we FINALLY finished reading the Old Testament as a family!!!!!! Whoo-hoo!! It took us almost an entire year, but we did it. So, we have started the Book of Mormon again which is SO much easier to understand.

Tyler had his first pack meeting last week, which turned out to be a disaster. It started out great. He was so excited to be there, be a part of something new, etc. He took a shower, even put gel in his hair. Well, half way through, they played a game called “jumping over the mote”. The boys took turns jumping and were put into groups according to how far they jumped. Long story short, I was watching the jumping and then looked over at Tyler who was sobbing. I ran over to him and he told me that this kid next to him (which was over twice Tyler’s size) slugged him in the stomach and punched him twice in the throat just for fun. Tyler was having a hard time breathing and it actually bruised his throat so that his neck was bright red for hours and he couldn’t swallow well until the next morning. That “mother bear” instinct kicked right in and it took all I had not to run over to that kid and beat him into a bloody pulp! How dare he touch Tyler? Tyler begged me to take him home. I did and he cried the whole way home. It just broke my heart. What added to the sting was that when he had scouts this week, we found out when we arrived at the church at 7, that all the scouts had left for the planetarium at 6 and no one had bothered to call us with that info. Once again, he sobbed all the way home. It will be a Christmas miracle if I can talk him in to going to scouts this week. I am not sure how much more of this either one of us can take!

On to more pleasant subjects... We watched the cutest movie last night called the “Ant Bully”, it was quite entertaining. On Friday, Tyler and I watched “Pirates of the Caribbean: the Dean man’s Chest” while the older girls were at a birthday slumber party and Bob worked on the computer. Last weekend, we finally got to see “Superman Returns” as a family. It only reinforced Kayla’s strong desire to be able to fly. I am worried that some day she may actually try it.

Subbing has been going well, I just wish I had more babysitters. I had a great offer this week, but had to turn it down because I didn’t have anyone to watch Alayna. I guess that’s ok though, because I am trying to enjoy being home as long as I can. I finished all my paperwork, but have been apprehensive to turn it into the HR department. I will try to do that before the Christmas break though. They are already starting to hire for the new Elementary school. However, I decided to stick with middle school after subbing a 4th grade class this week. They were adorable and thought that my name was Mrs. Hart because I wore red. I even got hugs but realized that that age just isn’t quite for me anymore. So, as soon as those middle school classes become available, I will get working full time on that. I assume interviews will start in February and March and I hope I will be ready for them.

We are now ready for Christmas. All the decorations are up and the presents have been wrapped. We hope all of you are enjoying your holiday season so far.

Love-
Harts

No comments:

Utah- Part 4