Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year

December 30, 2007

Merry Christmas!! We had a wonderful, fun-filled week. We spent Christmas Eve day making all sorts of goodies: chocolate covered pretzels, Oreo balls, sugar cookies, fudge, zucchini bread, and candy molds. Then we delivered goodie plates that night in lots of snow and slick roads. That night, Bob and I spent almost 3 hours wrapping since we hadn’t wrapped any gifts at all. I hope we don’t ever have to do that again!
Christmas morning was awesome since the kids let me sleep until almost 10:00!! That is almost the best gift J We got some wonderful gifts and for breakfast, my friend from Canada made us Christmas cinnamon knots, which were wonderful! The rest of the day we spent playing with toys and started our Harry Potter marathon which carried on throughout the week.
Grandma and Grandpa Hart came up this week too to spend New Years with us. Friday we put in our new microwave and yesterday, the new water softener . (By “we” I mean Bob and Grandparents) On Friday, Marisa and I went to get our hair done.We did have a fun evening last night watching Transformers and then the adults (except me) topped off the evening with the BYU game.
Today, Kayla and Alayna are giving talks in church. Everything will be on Christmas since church was cancelled last week due to this insane weather. (We even had a huge storm hit Friday that dumped around 8 inches of snow!)
I am including pictures of the sweet Nativity play that the kids put on last Sunday. Kayla was the angel and narrator, Alayna was Mary, Tyler was Joseph, and Marisa was all other parts including shepherds, wise men, the donkey, and the innkeeper. The acting was worthy of an Oscar. Especially when she came out as the wise men: she had two wigs over her hands, all with head bands, and bearing gifts. It was hysterical! It may take me til tonight to get the pictures up since they are on the old camera. Santa must have been listening to my pleadings because I got a new digital camera!! Now I won’t have to miss anymore important occasions due to dead batteries.
We hope everyone had a Joyous Christmas and we wish you a Happy and Healthy new Year!

Kris and Family

No comments:

Utah- Part 4