Sunday, January 13, 2008

Concerts, igloos, and a winter wonderland

January 13, 2008

Well, Marisa had a very busy week. She was accepted into the NIESTA honors orchestra (kids from all over this side of Iowa) and spent all day up in Cedar Falls. Their bus left here at 6:50am yesterday (way too early for a Saturday if you ask me!) As soon as they arrived, they had to audition. Marisa made 1st chair for her section of violins!!!!! She was so excited she could hardly stand it! They rehearsed all day with a guest conductor and then had a huge concert that night. She got home around 10:00 completely exhausted but said she had a wonderful time! She has the Geography Bee this week on Tuesday which she is very nervous about.

Kayla had a very busy week as well. She was assigned to make a sub arctic diorama of sorts. She spent HOURS on this project and did a fantastic job!! I will include some pictures since my mere words won’t do it justice. We went to Wal-Mart to find supplies and completely struck out. When we went to Michael’s and struck gold. We found some cool stuff and she did the whole project herself. She also starts on the intramural basketball team next week. Her Battle of the Books team starts in February so she is trying hard to get all the books read this month.

Tyler had a basketball game yesterday and he did a great job. I also got to sub his school class for a couple of hours on Friday. I guess it went well since all his friends said I was “awesome”.

Alayna is busy working on reading and writing, especially her numbers. She enjoys playing computer games. She did regress a little this week. Just when I though she was starting to grow up! She twisted her hair and it knotted, so she got the scissors and cut the knot out! Really??? Aren’t you 5 years old now and past that stage?? I mean come on! At least it wasn’t as hideous as the last 2 hair cuts. Argh! She also dumped an entire bottle of shampoo into the bath to create a beautiful wonderland of sorts. Sheesh! We have also talked her in to shoveling the driveway several times for “fun”. We will take advantage of that as long as possible.

I was requested to sub every day this week, so it has been very busy. I am thrilled that people are asking regularly now, but was sorta looking forward to many days off. On Friday, while subbing Tylers class, the office said they couldn’t find anyone to sub the music class. So, I went in and taught 5 classes of kindergarten and 1st graders. That sure was interesting, way different than middle school! (Mrs. Hart, do you like parrots? Mrs. Hart you are so pretty. Mrs. Hart, my finger hurts real bad so I think I am gonna die) It was quite the afternoon! I also started a new college course this week that is brutal. This professor always rips my papers to shreds. I love the class content, the teacher is just very hard, too hard if you ask me. I also ran into some severe problems with my last required class. Just what I need, more stress in my life. Anyway, once again I feel like I am struggling to keep my head above water. I hope that I can whip this class off fast…like a band aid.

*Just so you know, we have changed our website a little bit. Bob was able to find a way for you to subscribe to it and then I guess it will send you an email each type we update it. Let us know if it works. We have also added a little survey question that we would love for all of you to fill out. It is fun for us to see that people visit our site.

No comments:

Utah- Part 4