Sunday, November 15, 2009

November 15, 2009

November 15, 2009

It seems like its very difficult to get a newsletter up nowadays. We are always so busy and it might be easier to post each day than rely on my poor memory to share with you all what kept us so busy.

1. We did survive the first trimester of school. That was more of a feat for me than the kids (although Marisa might debate this). I feel like I am truly in Survivor mode, and that I would possibly prefer sleeping outside with creepy crawly things, starving to death, with no chocolate, than to deal with task of educating the middle schoolers of today. Perhaps there are others that feel that same way? If I make it til May (or if my students do) I should win some sort of major reward!

2. Tyler and Kayla had a huge band concert on Monday. Its nice to finally have 2 kids in one concert! It ended up being a long one- almost two hours- but they both did a great job and I saw some huge improvement. We did get the concert taped but forgot to take pics for the newsletter. I am sure if I asked them to dress back up like they looked that night, I would get major protests along with some amazing eye-rolling skills. Anyone dare me to ask?

3. Alayna is still doing gymnastics and she loves it. She almost has all her splits down. I am pretty sure I cant do that anymore and that if you asked me to, I would end up having to be taken to the ER is “stuck-splits-position”. I will just stick with watching…

4. Tyler’s intramural team won their first game this week and he was so excited. His city league starts next week. I took him shopping to use his birthday money. We scored at Kohl’s with a HUGE 50% off sale and got 3 pairs of pants (that don’t make him look like he is expecting a flood), a new shirt, and a black hooded sweatshirt that he has wanted for a quite a while and he covered it with flour when we made homemade calzones last night! You should have seen the “snowstorm” when he did a wiggly-dance to get the flour off…

5. On Wednesday, we had the big Young Women in Excellence Program, that Marisa and her friend Alyssa did. They planned it, planned the whole program, asked the speakers, made the decorations, delegated the refreshments, etc. They did an INCREDIBLE job and it was a very successful, beautiful night. I took lots of pictures that I will post. Marisa was excited about it and very relieved once it was over. That whole responsibility thing can be pretty stressful.

6. We had an insane weekend with deep cleaning, grocery shopping, Tyler’s scout swimming activity, Kayla’s ortho (bottom braces not off til January), hours of stuff for work (I get 7 new students on Monday…somebody shoot me), Marisa went to a school play, Kayla had a day at the mall and slumberparty with friends (its like she doesn’t want to hang around us anymore ;)), the Primary Quarterly party, shopping at Barnes and Noble, Kohls, lunch with dad at Wendy’s, free frosty’s….did I forget anything? Oh, today we had HT, choir in 10 minutes, and the Priesthood Preview for Tyler tonight. I am thinking of petitioning the government to either make 2 Saturdays (one for work and one for play) or since we have such a massive cut in education, lets follow Hawaii’s lead and have a 4 day school week. Oh wait! Better yet- lets just move to Hawaii! Oh no…my wheels are turning…

Hope everyone is well! We finally have everyone happy and healthy (knock on wood)

No comments:

Utah- Part 4