Sunday, July 17, 2011

The death of a tadpole, a fish, an umbrella, and the lilac tree!

The death of a tadpole, a fish, an umbrella, and the lilac tree

So, the week didn’t start out too well with both the last fish and the last tadpole passing away. Once again, there is a reason I don’t do pets.

We also had a massive storm hit during the night and when we woke up we found out that our umbrella to the deck table was missing (still haven’t found it) and my lilac tree was trashed. Alayna and I spent the day taking out the dead branches only to find out that the inside of the tree was rotted out so we took down the whole thing.

IMG_4269

IMG_4271

IMG_4273

Teen Week

The older 3 kids were at the Hart teen week from Sunday afternoon until Wednesday night. They had such a wonderful time and a special thank you to grandma and grandpa for hosting it! I hear there is a pretty awesome music video they all made and I cant wait to see it.

Kayla license

We have another driver in the family! Kayla got her permit this week- Whoohoo!! And she starts drivers ed this coming week.

IMG_4288

OCD issues?

I have been working this week on a project that is long overdue. Our recipes have been a mess. Even though they were in sheet protectors and in binders, they were so unorganized that I could never find what we needed. So, this week I recopied, retyped, and color-coded (yep, you heard me correctly) ALL the recipes. So, here’s to hoping it helps to make life easier.

IMG_4289

IMG_4290

MISC

Kayla, Marisa, and Tyler were able to go see the final Harry Potter this week with friends. Sadly enough I think I am a few movies behind.

Alayna finished her 2nd week of swimming lessons and went off the diving board this week as well as did her 1st standing dive off the side of the pool.

IMG_4286

IMG_4274

(Garden onions so potent she had to use her swim goggles to cut them!)

1 comment:

CinnaPatty said...

Ah! So that is how you organized your recipes. Hmmm. Inspiring!

Utah- Part 4