Sunday, July 31, 2011

Oh my GOSH!! She did it AGAIN!?!?

Oh my GOSH!! She did it AGAIN!?!?

Are you kidding me?? What almost 9 year old decides to cut her own flipping hair A-G-A-I-N?! So, here’s the story….

We all got haircuts this week. (See cute hair below)

IMG_4321

IMG_4322

IMG_4323

IMG_4324

Alayna really wanted to try out bangs so she could be cool. Anyway, they kept getting in her way. Late last night she raced in my room claiming she needed a bath and slammed the door. When she came out a while later, I asked if she had an accident or something and she said, “Mom, would you, um, hate me, if I, um, cut my hair?” What???? I race over and this is what I find…

IMG_4327

IMG_4326

Really?? Really?? Ever heard of a “hair clip” or “head band”?? Dude! Then she asked, as she was crying, if she could cut off the bottom of her hair and glue it back onto the bad part. Really?? Again, didn’t we go through this EXACT scenario when you were like 3? For the Love of Pete!

Why my “Domestic-Ness” should never see the light of day

Ok, so I decided now that my recipes are organized, I shall try a full week of new recipes and be the Mom OF Awesomeness!! (You should hear an echo when you say that!) So, I will say my intentions were genuine and honorable, but I basically suck.

On the very 1st day of experiment week, my dishwasher broke!!! What the?? So, I have been doing dishes nonstop. I have a new appreciation for my sister who has 3 kids and hasn’t had a dishwasher for 10 years! I would have bought stock in the paper plates company, that’s for sure.

For the 1st night, I made zucchini boats. We have zucchini coming out of our ears! The kids were actually very excited because they looked very cool. However, when they tasted them, from the looks on their faces you would thought I had presented Barf Boats instead. I was SO proud of them for trying anyway and being honest in their opinions.

IMG_4315

We also made 12 mini loaves of zucchini bread!

IMG_4316

Day 2: I tried a new sweet and sour chicken recipe with pineapples, cranberry sauce and orange juice. Sounds good right? Well, I think the cider vinegar ruined it because it tasted like “vinegar poop”. Again, hoorah to the kids for trying it. Boo to me for picking out a loser recipe.

IMG_4317

Day 3: Success! I tried a cheesy/cracker chicken recipe. No one died or barfed and I got a “wow, this actually tastes good”. Yeah for me! Not sure I will make it again but who knows.

IMG_4318

Day 4: My 1st time making macaroni and cheese from scratch. Yep! You heard me- scratch! And I thought it was great, so did Bob and Marisa. The others only exclaimed, “MOM! You do NOT put onions in Mac and cheese! That is gross!”

IMG_4325

Day 5: Asian Salmon. Finally a HIT! This was very yummy and everyone ate it.

IMG_4328

Next week the kids are up on dinner duty. Each kid is assigned a night and gets to make or create whatever they would like, since I will be, like, “otherwise occupied”. Here’s to another week of fun meals?

Busy, Busy, Busy

●Alayna did Linn-Mar volleyball camp this week and loved it. She even tied for the 1st place “Hustle Award” one day and she received the 2nd place overall “Hustle Award” which she worked very hard for. Way to go, Alayna!!

IMG_4319

●Every day this week, despite the HIDEOUS heat, we either went to the track or played tennis. I’m pretty sure I lost a few pounds of just pure sweat! Im grateful for my workout buddy, Marisa!

●Marisa and Kayla have been having fun with friends.

●Kayla started drivers ed. Her teacher is really odd and she is bored to tears but its all something we have to suffer through right?

●Marisa got accepted to compete in the Miss Iowa Teen pageant. Whoohoo! She just applied for fun and isn’t actually going to do it, but we were excited anyway. Yale wants her to apply to their school too. Cool!

●”Falling Skies” is my new favorite show! Just sayin….

●I LOVE being a mom full time and not working. It feels amazing. I would be so happy If I never had to work again. Even with the bad meals and all!

1 comment:

Angela said...

NNNNNOOOOOO, she didn't? If it makes you feel better, Jessica cut her hair when she was 9 too...not as much as Alayna, but hopefully she has it ALL out of her system now. I was hoping to see a picture of what her entire hair looks like now, if she will let you take a picture of it? LOVE YOUR HAIR! You are amazing for making a new meal each night. You are my HERO, I tried that same thing, and had a similar experience as you. Loved the pictures of each dish.

Utah- Part 4