Sunday, November 06, 2011

Halloween and Why Mothballs Aren’t Our Friend

Halloween and Why Mothballs Aren’t Our Friend

November 6, 2011

Halloween

This was the 1st Halloween Bob and I didn’t have to walk the kids around to Trick-or-Treat. We hunkered downstairs watching CSI while the kids took Alayna around the neighborhood. Then the older kids took off with friends to hit more neighborhoods. They hauled in quite a stash and then Alayna and Tyler organized them (I wonder where they get that from?)

IMG_4591

IMG_4592

Why Mothballs Aren’t Our Friend

A sweet friend gave us a box of cute clothes for Marisa and Kayla. We realized the box had a hideous smell, finally realizing it was that nasty mothball smell. The girls tried the clothes on and as they did our house started to really stink. So, I decided to wash them. BIG mistake!!! Man, did our house, clothes, and everything stink after that!! Somehow my ONLY pair of jeans that fit got into that load and now they reek. I washed those 2 loads twice with double the laundry soap and fabric softener, and 2 dryer sheets when I dried them and NO LUCK! Have you ever seen the episode of Seinfeld where that smell attaches to Jerry’s car? This was just like it. I hopped on the internet and it says they need fresh air. I put them on the deck but it’s a wind storm out there- so it looks like someone barfed up clothes all over the yard. Ugh!

Odds and Ends

*Marisa won a contest at Hyvee (her work). She came in 2nd place by selling these donations while she was a cashier! She was so excited and won a $50 prize, which came in handy because someone stole $40 out of her wallet the last few weeks. I guess she pulls out even?

*A potato from our garden

IMG_4603

*After 3 more hours of shopping I think we have almost everything for the wedding. We leave in exactly 2 weeks!!

*More Alayna creativity?

IMG_4593

*Just wanted you to see some of the daily mail we receive here for Marisa…

IMG_4608

No comments:

Utah- Part 4