Sunday, August 26, 2012

Happy 10th Birthday to Alayna- Double Digits!

Happy Birthday Laney!

We celebrated Alayna’s 10th birthday this weekend! (Actual birthday is tomorrow). She knew exactly what she wanted. She wanted to go with the family to the Pizza Ranch buffet for lunch, go see Madagascar 3 (which was adorable), and then go to the new Cupcake shop in town. We had so much fun even though the cupcake shop was sold out- so we will have to go next week instead.

DSCF1279

DSCF1278

DSCF1280

She got some very fun things for her locker from Ribera Grandparents plus a supercool hat that sings and dances! Then she got an awesome panda from Marisa which she calls “Bonzai” and hasn’t put down since she opened it. She REALLY misses Marisa!

IMG_4989

IMG_4990

Cool Info

*Kayla earned another letter in academics last year! Go Kayla!

*Kayla also lettered in SODA. Woot! Woot!

*Kayla LOVES her graphic design class- could be a possible career path for her?

*Tyler started show choir this week and really likes it so far.

*Alayna started orchestra this week and has signed up to do the running club, the drama club, and the musical STOMP club.I love her getting involved and having so much fun this year!

Me Update

This has been a pretty long week for me.

1. I started back at work. With budget cuts I am still not fulltime and they won’t let me make up any hours like they allowed last year. This is NOT good news. Work is going ok. I came up with some brilliant ideas and the year is off to a smooth start (even though 2 kids have already been expelled). I wish I was paid what I am worth….

2. I started another Master’s class on Monday. Found out that I can’t be paid for my field experiences (20 hours) even though that was never said up front. So now I have to get a sub for myself and work 20 hours in one week with no pay. That’s super helpful (please read that with dripping sarcasm). The projects are huge and brutal and there have been some things that have happened that have made me irate. I’d REALLY like to get it done with and get a great paying job. Grrrr!

3. I have had a horrible headache since last Friday. It wakes me up in the middle of the night and I can’t move my head. I started having cold like symptoms. Went in today and found out it s a severe sinus infection due to allergies. Kayla is also home today due to a bad head cold.

4. I get to pilot the iPad for education in my Master’s class, which has pros and cons to it. Then I get to pilot the Nook for my school. If any of you have a Nook or Kindle, I would love feedback on how you like that in comparison to reading an actual book in print form.

5. The kids have really stepped up in helping around the house. It has really helped Alayna to have her own room. She even has special rules that I will attach for you to see. We work as a family to make freezer meals on Saturday for the week. It has helped tremendously.

DSCF1273

(The “punishment” is her following you around playing the theme from Psycho on the ukelele!)

Marisa Update

She had freshmen orientation this week and I am hoping she will do a quick write up on how everything went so I can add it to the blog. I know she stood in line to autographs from BYU football players, had a devotional and games I think? Anyway, she starts school tomorrow and I think she is very excited. She also really likes her roommates so far.

image

(Marisa is somewhere smack in the middle)

4 comments:

The Borden Family said...

So many students! What fun!

The Borden Family said...

Happy Birthday Alayna! Double digits is excellent! Do 5th graders have lockers? Cool hat!

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

No she doesnt have a locker til next year but she has a teaching desk in her room and is using it there until next year!

CinnaPatty said...

Wow. Another over eventful week for the Hart family!!! Hope you've gotten relief from the meds for sinus infection. You guys have bad luck with upper respiratory stuff. Yuck.

Love that "Y" picture. That's awesome. Ah, the glory days...

Utah- Part 4