Sunday, November 10, 2013

BYU, Book Fairs , and a Pokey Day

Bob, Tyler, and Kayla drove up to Wisconsin to attend the BYU game (and the fireside the night before put on by the BYU players and the coach.)  They froze but had a great time, even though BYU lost Sad smile

weird

Image11092013092202

On Friday, Alayna and I had what we called the “Pokey Day”.  She had to have a surgical procedure done in both toes (to permanently remove the ingrown toenails that keep causing her pain and infections.)  She was awesome.  The nurse even said she did better than all the other 11 year olds that have ever been in there Smile

DSCF2367

Then, I had a dr appt and had to get blood work done so I got poked by needles too.

Then, I FINALLY had the time to take her to get her ears pierced from her birthday (3 months ago).  She loved it and didn’t even flinch!  I was pretty impressed.

Image11082013112054

We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing, sleeping and trying to recoup.

My week was pure insanity.  I ran 2 bookfairs and ran 2 parent nights for the book fairs.  I would say the term “utterly exhausted” doesn’t even cover it.  The middle school one was a huge success.  I cant wait to see how much we made so I can buy new books!

We found out that the high school hasn’t had a bookfair in over 35 years!  Teachers kept coming in saying how excited they were.  We had over 100 people come through on parent night.  Sales weren't as good as the middle school, but we had to start somewhere right? If you want anything you can still order online! lol!

Image11062013132220

I received more comments about what a difference I am making.  I had a pre-observation conference last week and get observed tomorrow.  I hope for continued success.

DSCF2366

1 comment:

The Borden Family said...

Great! Cool to go to the BYU game.

Utah- Part 4