Sunday, February 15, 2015

Happy Valentines Day!!

Bob bought me these beautiful orchids to go with our newly painted living room.  I just love them!

037

Of course we had our traditional heart-shaped pizza and even had homemade coldstone!

038

Alayna had a SC competition in Urbandale on Friday and Tyler was gone to one in Keokuk all day yesterday.

On Thursday we had Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner since Marisa had missed 2 years worth!

034

I held a very successful bake sale at the HS where we made $120 and so I bought 10 new books at Barnes and Noble!

035

Blind date with a book has been a huge success at school!

004

And Robin Lord Taylor (from Gotham) favorited another one of my tweets!

003

Probably the most exciting news is I was able to get Mike Mullin, author of the Ashfall Trilogy, to come to Anamosa (which plays a prominent part in Book 2).  You would not believe the HOURS I have put into getting him here and the nightmare trying to get funding.  Long story short the district wont pay.  I took it to the foundation and they denied it because “we aren't sure its good to take kids out of the classes and it wont benefit the kids over time because it’s a one day thing.”  I WORK WITH IDIOTS!!!!  He does these amazing presentations with Taekwondo and volcanoes.  I set him up at both schools, ordered books because he sais he would sign one for everyone who bought one, set him up to present at the public library, set him up to tour the famous jail AND get them to carry his book.  ANyway, a bank, the public library, and an anonymous teacher covered the cost.   I am truly grateful for other people’s support.  ugh!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4