Saturday, January 04, 2020

One special moment

There was one particular moment on our trip that was truly surreal. We were at the beach in Grand Turk, which is one of my favorite spots in the world. The weather was perfect. The water is a turquoise/aqua which is hard to grasp if you aren’t there in person. We had this part of the beach to ourselves and Ellie and I were in the water. We were going up and down with the waves. Up and down. Up and down. She fell asleep in my arms. I looked around: I was in one of the most beautiful places in the world, I had my grandbaby asleep in my arms, I saw the rest of my family snorkeling a few feet away from me with sea turtles and I felt such a deep, deep peace. As I looked around, I realized…THIS is my Why. All I could hear was the waves and my priorities as to what truly matters became clearer than the water (if that’s even possible). I wish I could have captured that moment somehow. But this picture is my reminder of what truly matters and how grateful I am to experience that beautiful moment of peace and joy!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4