Sunday, April 19, 2020

Is this an episode of the Twilight Zone???

I think this is the 5th week of being quarantined in our home.  I sometimes lose track of the days.  Life is very weird now and it's hard to picture it ever going back to normal. Again, I don't mind it- I haven't felt this great and functioned this well in years.  But it is all just so very weird.

This week Bob got a pay cut- 10% for the remainder of the year.  But, to offset that, he gets 15 extra vacation days which is great! I am extremely grateful they just cut everyone's salary rather than laying people off.  He works each day in Alayna's bedroom.


This week the governor called off school for the remainder of the year- which I am grateful for- for many reasons.  It is weird thought to think I am completely done with teaching at Excelsior which is sad in some ways.  I still have a tremendous amount of work that needs to be done there as I move to a new school.  I have been working every week with teachers to provide activities and resources.

I have also put in way over 100 hours into choosing new books for the new school.  I will only be able to get around 6,000 books with the budget they gave-which seems great except Excelsior has over 15,000 and we never seemed like we had enough.  But it is amazing to be able to say I picked out every.single.book. I am so very excited to be a part of this new school.

We have enjoyed being in contact with family and spending time on the things that matter most.




This week it snowed and we got over 2 inches- by the afternoon it was gone and you could see all of our green grass.  What the heck?
Last night our smoke alarms went off several times starting at 4:30AM.  It was infuriating!  I think we finally found the culprit and Bob is spraying the house now for bugs- remember we had this years ago and we thought it might be a spider that got in?  Good think we don't have anywhere we need to be because we are exhausted.

Kayla got some beautiful family pictures and we are eagerly awaiting Marisa's engagement photos.






#quaratineproblem So, when Alayna left for Utah, she put her potted plant up next to mine. I was determined to keep it alive for her so I have been faithfully watering it. It hasn't grown at all, and it hasn't died (Which is huge for me), but it was baffling. It was just this one STEM and even with all of my help, it wasn't growing. Finally, after 5 weeks, I pulled it off the windowsill to find it is literally a leaf just laying on the dirt. It wasn't an actual plant. Im sure there is a good analogy in that sad story- faithfully caring no matter the potential of the plant?






We have only gone out a few times. Yesterday we went to get groceries and its a whole thing. I was worried Aldi's might think we were robbing the place.

The thing that makes me angry is how people are not taking this seriously enough. I posted this in facebook yesterday:

 I can tell you exactly why our region is in a Level 10 and shelter in place situation. We went to Aldi's for supplies (I picture myself in a dystopian novel) with gloves on and masks on. We even wash all our clothes when we get home. I cant tell you how many people are out, in groups, no masks, no gloves, taking no precautions at all. People!!!! If you follow the guidelines from the state we would be a lot better off! #steppingoffsoapboxbutstillticked

I have no idea what the next weeks hold- but I DO now that for now, we are all safe and have what we need.  I pray every night it stays that way.  We love you all!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4