Sunday, October 18, 2020

Harold Bird Hart

 As I went to write this post, I realized I still feel raw. Maybe it is because I wasn't able to make it to the funeral (infections and pneumonia) so I didn't get that closure.  Also, maybe, because he was a father to me for 27 years and this loss is felt so deep, but I am not ready to share my thoughts now- so I will share what I posted on FB 

"I was waiting until I had the words, but I don't think they are going to come. We lost an incredible father (my father in law), grandfather, and great grandfather yesterday. It still seems unreal. He has been such a huge part of my life for 27 years! He attended all the big events in our lives, in our kids lives, traveled with us, visited every year,. I Can't possibly express the deep loss of not only a loved one, but an incredible human being. I always felt he would outlive me. Hal- you are loved, and missed, and you left a huge hole in our hearts and family. Today my aching heart is grateful for eternal families and grateful I am part of yours. Hoping you are at peace and experiencing joy with all the loved ones beyond the veil. We love you!"

I am hoping Bob will write up the events that led up to Hal's unexpected death and the loss we all feel. I am extremely grateful Kayla and Marisa and families were able to be there and that I was able to participate through zoom for the Family Meeting, the funeral, and the graveside process.  I haven't shed that many tears with deep sobs in a long time. 









 






No comments:

Utah- Part 4