Sunday, April 24, 2005

April 24, 2005

April 24, 2005
Seriously...what is up with this weather here in Iowa?? I think it is rude to get a person’s hopes up that spring has finally come and then drop a hard freeze!! It dropped into the 20's last night. Brrr! It’s the end of April for heaven sake!!

Yesterday was Kayla’s first track meet and so with this lovely weather it was about 37 degrees outside with ice cold wind that actually knocked me over a few times. Poor Kayla was shaking so bad. They can enter as many races as they want. We had to wait forever for her to do the first one. However, the starter gun scared her (they never used a gun in practice) and the wind was so brutal that it was like she was running in place. She was so frustrated and we were freezing, so she chose to go home. We hope the next meet will be much warmer!!! My lips even froze so I could barely talk. That is so not my idea of fun!

Last night, though, we all snuggled up in our blankets with the fire going and watched "Breakin’" I was laughing so hard. Talk about a blast from the past. The kids absolutely loved it and you should have seen them all trying to do it after the movie. I should have taped it. They laughed hard at the hairdo and clothes. I have to admit, it’s embarrassing to have been in the 80's. After that, the kids did a silly puppet show over the toy room wall. Pretty funny stuff.

Friday was our 12th Anniversary!! I can hardly believe it has been that long. Bob bought me 2 dozen gorgeous coral colored roses and then got me these cool canisters that work like a vacuum sealer so it keeps your food better longer. I was so excited. I had gotten this picture of the SLC temple where we were married and it has like a purple sunset in the background. I went and got it framed in this beautiful frame and now its hanging in the bedroom. Then we went out to this great Italian restaurant. It was a lovely evening. I feel truly blessed to be married to Bob...

This week was another busy one. I got tired of Alayna screaming when I combed her hair and pulling out all her hair clips so I cut it into a bob. It is so adorable! Kayla came home and saw it and asked me to cut hers like that as well. So, now they are twins.

We have exciting news!! Marisa finally learned how to ride her bike this week!! (Insert applause) She loves it so much we can barely get her off the thing now. She said "Thanks so much mom and dad for making me to do that-even though I didn’t want to". That’s why we are here, Marisa. That’s why we are here.

We did enjoy bike riding several times this week. We also took turns on the riding lawnmower to mow the lawn. I tell ya, that’s the only way to do it! We look forward to better weather this week so we can continue our new joy in bike riding.
Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4