Sunday, April 03, 2005

April 3, 2005

What a beautiful Spring day!! The weather here has been so lovely. It almost makes me forget those horrid days of ice and snow! We actually got outside this week to do some yardwork. We found that many of the plants have new green shoots coming out of the ground. How exciting! Now I guess we will have to work on the lawn at some point.

Bob was kind enough to take the kids to Grandma and Grandpa Harts house this weekend so I could get tons of stuff done and relax. It was amazing how much I was able to do, and how relaxed I have been. I hear they have been having a great time there as well. It was so great to watch all of General Conference uninterrupted. I don’t think I have done that in about 12 years...

We took Marisa and Kayla to the orthodontist this week. It looks like Marisa will get braces in about 9 months once her last 2 baby teeth come out.

I also attended a meeting for the middle school parents this week. I wanted to cry. We had prayed so hard for a good school for our kids to attend, and while in L.A., I figured I would end up homeschooling. Anyway, this is one of the most incredible schools I have ever seen. It makes me think about renewing my degree to work in middle school- how insane is that? Anyway, I don’t want to go into too much detail and bore anyone, but wow! Marisa has already signed up to do orchestra and choir. They are also encouraged to do as many extracurricular activities as they can. She is going to do dance where she gets to perform at the 7th and 8th grade football games. She is also going to be on the drama team as well as the geography bee team (which she is incredibly excited about). They have a fabulous staff who expects you to call and email them. They have a computer system where you can see your child’s grades for every class up to the minute. They also email you all morning announcements as well. They have several programs that they pioneered here and took to Washington DC which have now been implemented all over the nation. I feel truly blessed that Marisa can attend this school. I think it will help her to succeed and grow in ways she never knew she could. How exciting it is to be here!

Well, I don’t have fun pictures to post today as the kids have been gone for the weekend. But I will get some up next week. I hope this week is a great one for you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Caitlin's school does the computer thing as well. I certainly wouldn't rave about her Jr.High, but it's been a real blessing to my mom to be able to check up on her every day. It shows missing assignments, recent gradings on papers, tests, etc.,and she emails the teachers frequently to see how Cait is doing. (She talks a lot and doesn't have much of an attention span) It's helped so much! Marissa is such a good kid,I'm sure she'll be no trouble at all, but my mom used to be so stressed about Caitlin and her schooling. She home schooled last year and it was horrible because Caitlin is a terror!

I hope I can find a good school for my own children, as education is so important to me. I want them to have lots of attention from their teachers, which prompts me to homeschool, but I think the social aspect is important also. We'll see, I have a few years to worry about it!

Glad you're doing well!
Amy

Bob and Kristina Hart Family said...

Amy,
Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Our kids, (as well as me) love seeing people respond, so thank you!

Wish we could talk you into Iowa- hehe! The schools here really are great!
Its great to hear from you!

Utah- Part 4