Monday, April 11, 2005

April 10, 2005

April 10, 2005
Well, this past week was a very long one. I am sure you can tell since we didn’t get the newsletter up yesterday.
Kayla started track this week. I think she liked it. Her first meet isn’t for a couple of weeks. She is such a fast runner so I think she will do very well.
On Thursday, Tyler got his 4 cavities filled at the dentist and Kayla got her teeth cleaned. Then that night, I went to Stake Auxiliary training. I should have been more appreciative in Torrance that our Stake building and all the wards in our stake were less than 10 minutes from our house. Very unlike here. We had to travel up to the Cedar Falls/Waterloo area. It is a little over an hour drive. Then we had to set up for our presentations. All the RS rooms looked gorgeous. As I pulled out my tablecloth and found it covered in dry ramen, I wanted to cry! I’m just not into all that fluff, but oh well. I did an hour presentation to all the Education Counselors and I think it went well. It is VERY intimidating having a Stake calling, especially when you are so far from being even in the same realm of perfection. Then it was a long drive home. I got home after 11pm. Made for a long night!
On Friday, we went and bought me, Bob, and Tyler new bikes. We scored at this huge sale at Target. On Saturday, we drove out to a new housing area where no one was, to teach Tyler and Marisa how to ride. Tyler fell a few times, but after trying real hard, he finally got it. We were so proud and he was so excited. Then, however, one time he decided to get off and forgot to slow down and use the brake. He had quite a spill, but he was ok. Marisa fell months ago off the bike and has refused to ride ever since. We decided we will be bike riding a lot this summer as a family to stay healthy, so she could run behind or learn how to ride. Needless to say, she is not so happy with us right now. She spent a lot of time trying on Saturday and actually rode a bit so she is making progress. Then we came home and we rode around the block. Tyler and Alayna rode in a big yellow thing that hooks to Bob’s bike. Marisa stayed home, she had had enough. But we are all excited for riding this summer.
We relaxed Saturday night and watched Karate Kid III. The kids got a big kick out of it- hehe!
On Sunday, I traveled back out to Cedar Falls/Waterloo to visit 2 wards. 6 hours of church is way too much for me. We left at 8:40 and I was back home at 5:00. It went great though and I learned so much! When I came home, we watched all the cool things that were shown between conference sessions last week. Even the kids watched with interest.
I never thought I would be one to report on my yard, but I have to tell you, we have beautiful plants and flowers blooming all over. Plus, the weather has been gorgeous, even with the "April showers". It is so fun having a yard to take care of and enjoy. I was eyeing this GORGEOUS, mosquito enclosed porch swing at Sam’s- Bob just laughed at me. Well, we are enjoying the Spring and can’t wait to see what the April showers will bring. Have a lovely week!!
Love-Kris

No comments:

Utah- Part 4