Sunday, June 05, 2005

School is over! June 5, 2005

June 5, 2005
We made it! School is officially over and our summer fun has begun! The kids had a great last week of school and are excited to have a break. They came home with glowing report cards and I am so proud of them. After school the Garcia’s came over. A.J. and Marisa played computer games (star wars) and the rest changed into swim suits and played outside in the sprinklers. They all had a great time. That evening we took the kids out to dinner at Fazoli’s to celebrate the end of school, and then out to get frozen custard. What a fun evening.
The Garcia’s also came over on Saturday and did the same thing. We also did all our Saturday chores including 8 loads of laundry. I think I may start assigning that out! It was a good day and Bob has even started feeling better. He does have an appt with the doctor tomorrow, so we will see what he says.
Today I taught Marisa’s primary class. After sacrament, I went to the restroom and found her teacher in there sobbing. When I asked if she was ok, she broke down saying she was cramping and afraid she would lose her baby. She has had several miscarriages, but is now 10 weeks along and scared to death. This will be her first. She said she would go home after church and call her dr. I told her to go home now and I took her class. (The doctor said it was probably just her uterus stretching, but they are taking her in for an emergency ultrasound in the morning to make sure). Anyway, Marisa’s class was so fun and I think I did a pretty good job of winging the lesson, if I do say so myself.
We had a sever thunderstorm last night that kept me up til 1am. The thunder was so loud it actually shook the house. It also poured down rain and the lightning lit up our room like it was midday. I haven’t seen a storm like that in a long time. It was cool, but didn’t help me get any sleep.
We have lost of fun things planned this week that I will write about next Sunday. We hope all of you are doing well. Have a wonderful week.
Love,
The Harts

No comments:

Utah- Part 4