Sunday, August 21, 2005

August 21, 2005

August 21, 2005
What a long week we have had. So much preparation goes into getting ready for school. The weather has still been quite warm and we found out the schools don’t have air conditioning which should make the first few weeks of school very interesting!

Hal and Corey came down this week and we accomplished so much! First they repainted my bathroom a light purple color to match the curtains and my bedroom and we put in new bathroom cabinets. It looks so awesome. It reminds me of that calm lavender scent. Very fun. We also took out all the weeds by my front tree and planted beautiful yellow mums. Then we did lots of yard work and pulled out all weeds. We also got a rug doctor and cleaned all the carpets in the house. What a difference that made! The house looks so clean and fresh now.
On Tuesday, Marisa had her middle school orientation. I met all her teachers and saw all her classrooms. She is taking reading, language arts, math, science, PE, Health, orchestra, choir, general music and social studies. She is on a 6 day cycle. Its all a bit confusing but they say they kids catch on quickly. The general music is only a quarter class, she will switch around this year with world languages, computers, and art. It is a heavy schedule, but I think she will do very well. I am excited for her.

This week we signed up Kayla for volleyball. She starts next month. Tyler is still doing Tae Kwon do. Marisa will be signing up for extra curricular activities this week. I guess we shall stay busy, huh?

We also had Kayla and Tyler’s back to school nights. How smart is this school to have the Back to school night BEFORE school starts?? They met their teachers, brought in school supplies, met their classmates, saw their classroom, and they talked to parents about all class rules and expectations. How wonderful!! It has eased so much of the first day of school jitters. I was impressed with the teachers and what the kids will be learning this year. They each have some fun things ahead of them!

On Wednesday, we celebrated Alayna’s 3rd birthday (even though it isn’t until next Saturday). I ordered her a Dora Cake from the grocery store. When I went to pick it up, they had no record of it. I was so mad. They couldn’t even make me another one! So, Alayna chose a barbie cake and we went to buy it. The lady at the counter asked if I found everything ok and I shared my frustration. She said that even happened to her- so she called the manager over. He gave me the cake for free! I was so excited!! Then Hal and Corey took the kids to see "Madagascar" and Bob and I went to see "War of the Worlds". It was so cool! I loved it! What fun to go on a date again! Then we went out to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. It was such a fun evening.

Last night, we had the missionaries over along with a new family that just joined the church. We had a fun BBQ and the weather was perfect by the time we had dessert.Well, I guess that sums up the week. Nothing terribly exciting, but we stayed busy. I will let you know how the first day of school goes. 6:30 will come bright and early!!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4