Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Oct 5, 2005

October 5, 2005
I had WONDERFUL weekend!! Bob took the kids to Grandma and Grandpa Harts house for the weekend. The kids had a great time. They made an adorable movie about a giant rubber band Bob had brought home for work. They love going there! I, on the other hand, needed a break. I have been so overwhelmed with everything. So, I was able to watch ALL 4 sessions of conference while I caught up on ALL my scrap-booking through September 2005! Then I actually did Alayna’s baby book (which sadly had never even been opened!) I got my desk rearranged, and even finished my first college course!! (Cheer for me!) I still have to take the final, but that will hopefully be ok and done in 2 weeks. I have started the second course and just finished Lesson #3 today. I guess I feel the "need for speed" since they may be building the new school THIS year instead of next. We are trying to decide if that happens, what would be the best thing for me to do? We are weighing our options and only time will tell. (Now that I look back at that paragraph it dosen’t look like much of a break huh?) Anyway, when Bob came back with the kids on Sunday, he took one look at me and said " You look...relaxed." And that I did. I think all moms deserve a break like that once in a while, just to refuel you know? Thanks a million to Bob and the Harts!!

Also kudos to Bob on the great pick for a date lunch this week. He took me to the COOLEST Japanese grill called Osaka. They grilled the dinner right in front of us flames and all. Alayna was with us, and she was so mesmerized by the cooking and then excited to eat what he cooked. I have never seen her eat so well. It was like lunch and a show! The food was fabulous!

Tyler made a cute comment I wanted to share. He used his little baby voice one day to tell Alayna "You are as smart as a Bee". Bob said " A bee is smart?" To which Tyler replied, "Yeah, dad, bees are the only ones on the earth that know how to make honey...duh!" Enough said! I just died laughing.

Marisa had her first dance team performance at the JV football game Tuesday night. She did a great job. She has another one next Tuesday.

Well, we had our regular week full of activities: Tae kwon do, swimming, weight lifting, volleyball, drama club, dance team, pre school, football, etc. (Can you guess who does what?) We are all running around here like crazy, but are all happy and healthy. We have a full weekend ahead of us with the huge Quad stake women’s symposium coming up. So, we should have lots to share this weekend. Well, Bob is off to basketball, the kids are asleep, and I am back to studying. Oh, the joys of being in school again. I want to get it done quick- like ripping off a bandaid! Hugs and Kisses!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4