Sunday, October 09, 2005

October 9, 2005

October 9, 2005
Ok, this Iowa weather has got to go. I ran the AC on Monday because it was 86 degrees. The next day I had to run the heater because it was 53 degrees!!! It has even hit freezing several nights. What happened to those beautiful days where you could open your windows and get a lovely breeze? Sheesh!

On Friday, Corey and Hal came up again. We are so blessed to have them close. We went to play tennis at the high school where they had several courts as well as a huge castle playground for the kids to play on. We had a great time even though we were freezing to death! Then we went to some Halloween stores so I could get the kids costumes (I am so slow this year) Tyler is going to be a Ninja, Kayla is going to be a snow angel (to match her friend) and Alayna will be sleeping beauty. Marisa says she will just be a doctor. I will send pics at Halloween. Then we got Chinese take out for dinner.

On Saturday, Corey and I had the unique opportunity to attend a Quad Stake RS symposium in Iowa City. First there was a training meeting at 8am with Sister Pingree from the Relief Society General Board. What a privilege it was to have her come all the way to Iowa just to speak to us. Then we had a meeting where she and Sister Tanner (The YW General Board President) spoke to us which was wonderful. Then we also had several other speakers. It was a very enjoyable conference! Then we came home and all went for a bike ride around the neighborhood. (Except Marisa who chose to fold 7 loads of laundry instead!!) Then they all watched "Ella Enchanted" while I worked on the talk I am giving in church next week.

Nothing really new is going on. Hal and Corey are helping to paint the kids rooms tomorrow and I have several other projects going on. I have finished 5 lessons already in my next class and can hopefully take the final for the other one very soon. I have had such a tough time getting a proctor for it! Hopefully I can get some pictures today to post. I haven’t been very good at that lately!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4