Thursday, March 02, 2006

March 2, 2006

I know- how weird that I would post in the middle of the week, but I just had to share. I went to the festival of orchestras on Tuesday night. It showcases all the orchestras in our school district. Marisa's group did such a great job. There was a big difference between last years and this years. I can hardly wait to see next year. She got 3rd chair and was updet over it. Its hard to compete against kids who are taking private lessons. But I am so proud of her! It also had the high school symphony orchestra. Wow! Can I just say wow! They did Griegs "The Hall of the Mountain King" which was just amazing! Then they did Beethoven's 5th symphony and I was so glad it was dark because I cried. It was absolutely incredible! They received a standing ovation, well deserved. All I could do was think about how grateful I was that our kids have the opportunity to be in this school district. I wish you all could have been there- maybe some of you would like to travel out and go with me next year??

1 comment:

The Borden Family said...

We would love to come. Congrats on being so talented Marisa... and enjoy your great opportunities while you have them.

Utah- Part 4