Tuesday, May 16, 2006

May 16, 2006

May 16, 2006

I am starting to think we should start building a boat here. We have had rain for about a week now. I usually don’t mind the rain, it’s the cold temperatures accompanying the rain that bother me. Our yard also looks like it had a battle with the dandelions and lost...bad. Bob was able to plant new tomatoes last night ( we lost the first crop to an overnight freeze). We hope these do much better. We are excited for fresh garden food.

We had a lot of wonderful things going on this week. Hal and Corey were able to come up for the weekend for several of those events. On Thursday night, Kayla had her end of the year 4th Grade Musical. It was on the 50 states. She did such a great job. It had the cutest songs and you should have heard them whip out all the states and the capitals. It was quite impressive. I taped the first two numbers and then my video camera ran out of tape. I was devastated. How embarrassing! After the musical, we went to her class where the kids showed the power point presentations they made. Kayla and her partner were assigned Arizona. It was a great presentation and it amazes me that when I was her age, I had never even heard of a power point, let alone done one. Anyway, Corey, Alayna and I went to that. At the same time, Marisa had her final orchestra concert so Bob and Hal went to that. She tied for second chair and I heard the concert was wonderful, as usual. At the same time, Tyler had a mock testing for his Tae Kwon Do. It was a very busy night.

The next day, we adults went out to lunch at Biaggi’s for Mother’s day. They have the best Tomato Florentine soup! Then when the kids came home from school we celebrated Marisa’s birthday early. She wanted the family to go bowling. We had such a great time. I must say though that my score was horribly pathetic and embarrassing! When we played the second game, I thought I couldn’t do any worse. I was wrong. But we all had a great time. I made her a peanut butter chocolate ice cream pie. Boy was that yummy!!! She opened her presents too. That night the kids played on the computers and we watched Mission Impossible II.

The next morning, we had to leave the house at 7am! We headed for Clinton, Iowa which is about 1 hour 45 minutes away for Tyler’s Tae Kwon Do testing. He tested for his orange belt. It was held at the YWCA there in a small stuffy room. I think about 60 people were testing and they all had family there. I think he did ok, we will find out the results next week. We did get to see the black belts do some awesome demonstrations breaking boards and bricks. We even saw one guy jump over 3 kids and break 3 boards. Pretty cool stuff. I am sure that is what is motivating Tyler. It was a long day- the trip there, the testing, and back , was 7 hours! That night, we watched “King Kong”. What an intense movie! There were a few parts the kids had to close their eyes. I must say I hate bugs even more now. Anyway, it was fun to watch.

The next day was Mother’s Day. Bob had bought me a beautiful bouquet of coral roses and then they got me new silverware!! Woo-hoo!!! Marisa gave her last talk in primary, next week she starts in the YW. Tyler also gave a sweet talk and then Alayna did the scripture and prayer. It was so cute. She has no fear of public speaking at all. That evening we had dinner with our good friends, the Alands, and then had our Survivor party. It was so much fun. And yummy food included! We are going on a double date with them this weekend to see “The Da Vinci Code”.

That night, Tyler spent the entire night throwing up every where. It was so explosive that one time it covered the entire bathroom floor and 3 walls. Talk about nnaassttyy!!!! He was sick all day yesterday and today. I think he is feeling better, but he hasn’t moved. I hope he feels better soon. At least he can keep food down now.

I guess that catches you up on our family and all the excitement going on here. Until next week...

No comments:

Utah- Part 4