Sunday, May 21, 2006

May 21

May 21, 2006

Well, it seems Tyler decided to share his illness with others. The weather couldn’t have been more perfect, yet we had to spend it indoors because of illness. Tyler actually missed 5 days of school this week! He was so sad as it was the culmination of their rain forest unit and he wasn’t able to attend the giant open house. I felt so bad for him. On Thursday afternoon, I started to feel bad and by the evening I was very sick. This is an awful stomach virus! I have been sick for almost 4 days now. Just when you start feeling better and start moving around, it hits you again. Even though I was still feeling horrible yesterday, I cleaned the house. There were 10 loads of laundry , tons of dishes, and I had to disinfect the bathrooms. A mom’s job never stops. I was impressed however with how Marisa jumped in to help with the kids and dishes! I am doing much better today. I am so grateful for my normal health!!! Bob and the kids spent the whole afternoon yesterday outside planting strawberries by the patio and corn out by the shed. We really hope this garden actually works.

Marisa was accepted into the gifted and talented program for 7th and 8th grade. That means she will be in an excelled reading class for 7th grade and social studies for 8th. She had her birthday on Friday so she moves into the YW program today. I know she is very excited to graduate from primary.

Well, I apologize this is short, but most of the stuff we planned this week was cancelled since either Tyler or I were sick. Here’s to hoping this week will be a better one and that we can actually enjoy the beautiful weather outside!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4