Wednesday, September 06, 2006

September 3rd, 2006

September 3, 2006

Another week of insanity has quickly flown by. We had all our normal scheduled events plus many more. No one can ever complain of boredom here.

Alayna started preschool this week and absolutely loves it! Her class even had a birthday party for her on Friday so we made some fun cupcakes with sprinkles to bring. She starts swimming this week and is still loving her gymnastics class. She got to do a head stand this week , so she thought she was pretty cool.

Tyler finally got his green belt. We are so proud of all the belts he has received. He is loving gymnastics a lot! He likes football too and his first game is this coming Saturday. We also had his 3rd grade parent night this week. There are a lot of fun things planned for his class this year.


Kayla is loving gymnastics and I think wants to start doing two days a week so she can get onto the team faster. She has a fantastic teacher again this year!





Marisa is still doing well with volleyball and all the bruises on her forearms finally vanished this week. They had tryouts this week and she made the red team. I am not entirely sure what that means, but she was happy with it. I don’t remember if I mentioned last week that she was called as the Beehive Secretary. She is pretty excited about that too. She has honors reading and math this year, so she has more homework than she has in the past, especially since she lost her connections class.homeroom/study period)

Bob had sinus surgery on Friday. It was a very long day but the surgery was a success and now he is home recovering for about a week. He looked much better than he did after the last sinus surgery. The doctor said everything went smoothly, so we hope the recovery will be quick.

I spent several hours this week helping a sister I VT pack and get ready to move. She is a single mom of 11 children, her ex just lost his job, so now there is no income at all. She accepted a job ythis week to teach 1st grade in Nevada and so she is leaving this Tuesday. I also spent many hours volunteering at 3 different schools this week. I am permanently scheduled to do the mail at Excelior and Oak Ridge on Thursday. That may sound strange, but it is really helping me to get to know all the staff, particularly the office staff, which I hope will work in my favor. I have my first sub job this week for 8th grade Health. I am excited. I am also about 1/2 way through my first endorsement course. I just find that every waking moment is filled. Hopefully, all good stuff.

Well, we are trying a new way to post our blog. I hope it works. It should come through with pictures attached. Guess we will see how it goes. Love ya!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4