Monday, September 25, 2006

Sept 25



September 24, 2006

Great news!! Marisa made chamber orchestra!! She was so excited. Of course, I didn’t realize that involved practices two mornings a week at 6:50am!! But if she is that dedicated to it, then I will get her there. She loves the volleyball team and even won their first away game this week which was also exciting!

Tyler got to play quarterback for some of his football game this week and his team won! He was so thrilled and absolutely loves to play.

We had Kayla and Tyler’s school open house Thursday night. We got to eat a spaghetti dinner and then go see all the fun projects they have been working on in their classes. I was very impressed. I am grateful that they are enjoying school so much.

I subbed Marisa’s 7th grade social studies class this week. I definitely think that is my dream job. She actually enjoyed me being there and we even had lunch together. Thank goodness I didn’t say anything to embarrass her and she has had kids coming up to her all week saying “Your mom is the coolest sub!”. Whew! I also met the assistant principal and we talked for a while. I expressed to her my interest in teaching there and she seemed very positive about the whole thing. I already have teachers requesting me too, so that has been great. One small drawback is how they cut me off from subbing since my license expires, even though I already sent them an updated copy of a new temporary license over a month ago. The frustrations never cease.

The kids had the day off today since it was a teacher prep day. We spent the day cleaning and shopping for winter clothes. We also went out with dad to lunch at Carlos O kelly’s and boy was that good.

Yesterday Marisa made breakfast for the whole family, making these awesome cinnamon sticks she learned how to make in her FCS lab. She did a GREAT job!

No comments:

Utah- Part 4