Sunday, May 20, 2007

may 20, 2007

May 20, 2007

It shocks me that we are old enough to have an actual teenager!!! Happy Birthday to Marisa!!! Who turned 13 yesterday! We had a busy day and were thrilled Gma and Gpa Hart could come celebrate with us. In the morning, Bob and his parents started our garden, while I went in to Rockwell for my biometrics exam. Then, we went to Sonic for lunch, but it was too crowded so we ended up at Red Robin, which we love. However, the service was so slow that Marisa wasn’t able to get her free birthday ice cream or we would have missed the movie. So, we went to see Shrek 3 which was fantastic. Alayna was laughing so hard. We will have to rent it when it comes out. Anyway, we came home and ate the giant cookie I made and she opened presents. After that, the grandparents had to head home and we watched “Lake Placid 2” and “Iron eagle”. It was an enjoyable relaxing day.

Friday, on the other hand, was not so relaxing. Subbing middle school the last month of the year is for the birds! I was actually excited to sub Friday because it was 6th grade and they are usually the easiest to sub. Boy was I wrong. You will never believe this, but at one point I has 2 kids sliding around on papers, 4 kids writing on the board, one running around trying to be superman with a blanket cape, 1 throwing a football, 2 slapping each other with rulers, and 1 hiding behind the bookshelf all at the same time!!! So, mean Mrs. Hart had to emerge. I think I will focus the next two weeks instead on the 19 credit hours I have to complete ASAP to secure my endorsements.

Marisa ended her tennis season and next year starts with a position in 5th place. Isn’t that cool? Kayla has her final band concert this Tuesday, travels to Dubuque for a school field trip on Wednesday, gets to go to Superskate for the end of the year 5th grade send off on Thursday, and has her track and field day for school on Friday. Tyler had a field trip this past week as well. We also found out that Marisa is getting braces (only on the top teeth) on the last day of school. Kayla is also getting starting braces on her front 4 teeth along with molar brackets. Poor Tyler found out he has to keep his expander on until November! Alayna graduates from preschool this week!! She is very excited to start kindergarten.
I guess that sums up our busyness here….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Marissa!!! I can't believe that the little 5 year old I used to babysit is now 13!!! I'm so proud of the young woman you are becoming. Keep it up! You are beautiful inside and out!

Love, Amy Eyre

Utah- Part 4