Tuesday, May 08, 2007

May 8, 2007

May 8, 2007

Well, I haven’t written in newsletter in over a month and I don’t think anyone noticed. Anyway, life has been extra crazy lately. I guess May is the biggest sub month of the year, after subbing for weeks straight now I see why…that’s when the teachers take their personal days. It’s good for me though, as the work will help pay for all the classes I have to take this summer. I will try and sum up what we have done this past month. It wont be as detailed since after a week, my memory usually fails me.
1. Marisa has been on the school tennis team and is doing an awesome job!! Out of the 60 or more 7th and 8th graders playing, Marisa is ranked 14th! She has won almost every match and she absolutely loves to play. I think she may have found her sport!
2. In April, we had about 3 weeks where everyone in our family (except me) got very sick. Tyler missed an entire week of school, Bob was sick for a week and missed 3 days of work, even Marisa missed 3 days of school. It was awful. I took every vitamin under the sun and drank OJ like there was no tomorrow. Someone must have been watching out for me!
3. In April, Marisa’s orchestra, as well as the chamber orchestra she is in, got to compete all day in the Jefferson Invitational Competition. Her orchestras came in 1st and 2nd place!!!
4. April 22, we celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary!! We went out to lunch and then out for ice cream after dinner. It was a lovely day and we can hardly believe it has been 14 years!!
5. April 28, was our huge stake RS symposium. I was in charge of the women’s choir again which went so well. I also spoke during the main meeting. The symposium is always a lot of work, but it was a great success. And now they are releasing me from the Stake RS after being there for almost 3 years.
6. Sadly, Kayla chose to quit gymnastics. She says she just doesn’t love it even though she is very good at it. She has found a ton of things she would like to be in when she starts middle school in the fall. I think that’s great because she can try out several things and decide what she really likes to do. So, I guess I will take Tyler and Alayna out of gymnastics just for the summer so I don’t have to keep running over there. (25 minutes away!!)
7. We attended the Chamber orchestra recognition dinner for Marisa.
8. Bob has done an amazing job on our yard this year!! He planted 4 apple trees, a peach tree, grapes, black raspberries, red raspberries, and some lilies. We will start on the actual garden this month. He has been working so hard and we are excited about all of it!
9. I celebrated my 36th birthday yesterday. It was a perfect day. We actually started celebrating on Saturday. Our whole family went out to Red Robin for lunch. Then we went to go see a movie at the Theater but the projector had broken down so we got a movie at the Video store instead. On Monday, I turned down sub jobs so I could stay home and relax. We went out to an awesome Mexican restaurant for dinner, my friends dropped by a chocolate turtle cake, and we watched “night at the Museum”. It was peaceful and relaxing. A perfect day!
10. Marisa has a choir concert and orchestra concert this week.
11. I started 2 of my history classes and am studying like crazy. The classes are much harder than I thought they would be. After I complete them I will only have 13 more credits to go. I wont even talk about the job situation because it is horribly depressing and discouraging. Amazing that I have the qualifications I do and I am just not good enough.
12. Bob started his Spring softball team and they already had their first game. He is also doing a lot of overtime until June.
13. Alayna graduates from preschool in a few weeks. Her new school is almost completed. She is already looking forward to kindergarten.

I guess that sums up our month. Overall, we are doing well and are so very busy. We look forward to a lazy summer, sleeping in, and lots of swimming time. We could all use some good solid relaxation. Hopefully, I can make time for another newsletter on Sunday.

No comments:

Utah- Part 4