Sunday, May 27, 2007

May 27, 2007

May 27, 2007

I am hoping this was the last week of insanity for the school year. We have WAY too much “stuff” going on. Let’s see…

  1. Kayla and Tyler had beach day at their school on Tuesday. I guess we have to pretend since there are no beaches even remotely close to here! They got to dress up, bring their beach towels, and had fun music playing all day.
  2. Tuesday night, Kayla had her final band concert. I estimate their were a couple hundred in her 5th grade band (all Linn Mar district) alone!! They sounded so great and have improved so much since they all started just a year ago. We were so proud.
  3. However, when we came home from the concert, Bob told the kids to go close the fence and I ran inside for something. After a while (I had changed, gone to the bathroom, took out my contacts) I realized I hadn’t seen Alayna. I asked the kids to go find her, and then later found them playing. I said once again “where is Alayna” and then the worst thought hit me. I ran into the garage and she was in the car screaming her head off- she was still strapped in the carseat. No one had unbuckled her. I felt horrible. She was in hysterics!! She had been trapped there by herself for over 20 minutes.
  4. On Wednesday, Kayla went on a field trip with her class to Dubuque to see a cool museum.
  5. It was also Alayna’s preschool graduation!!! She is so excited that she is now officially a kindergartener. We keep passing by the new school to see if it is ready yet. Anyway, they sang an adorable little song at graduation, she got her diploma, and we had a picnic lunch.
  6. On Thursday, Alayna and I went to help chaperone Kayla’s class (all 5th grade classes) to Superskate. Kayla was very disappointed that I wouldn’t skate, but I just kindly explained that mommy doesn’t want to spend the entire summer in a body cast! Kayla had a blast though, and came in 2nd place doing the limbo on skates. I was impressed.
  7. That evening, we had a BBQ picnic for pack meeting. It rained all day, so they decided to have it in the church. By the time we got there, the rain had stopped and it was sunny. So, they put the grill in the back of someone’s truck and we had it outside after all, getting to sit in wet grass. Whose idea was that?
  8. On Friday, I spent all morning helping out at Kayla’s track and Field day at Armstrong field. It was tiring, but fun. Kayla ran in the 400-meter team relay. Boy she is fast! She won the girls softball throw, and also won the three-legged race with her partner, Jan!!
  9. Then Alayna and I came home and mowed both lawns and cleaned the house. Then, that evening, I went shopping with Bob to get the rest of the stuff we needed for our garden. We spent the evening finishing the garden, trimming the yard, cleaning up the trash, clearing the pumpkin patch area, etc. Then I came and folded 8 loads of laundry. Sheesh!
  10. Saturday was spent doing the mile long list of things we needed to do. We also got a new shelving unit up and completely cleaned and organized the garage. We also went to an open house for some friends of ours who were sealed as a family in the Nauvoo temple yesterday. Then we came home and made our own version of cold stone creamery ice cream, which turned out awesome.
  11. Tomorrow, we are going to the lake with the ward for a Memorial Day get-together. It is also the last week of school- whoo hoo!!! Then our fun plans for summer begin.

Well, we hope everyone is doing well. Thanks to those of you who have sent us the latest updates in your life. We surely appreciate you keeping us in the loop. Have a wonderful Memorial Day!!!

Love-

The Harts

No comments:

Utah- Part 4