Sunday, March 09, 2008

Stupid Computers and Snowballs

March 9, 2008

I will start out this week by saying sometimes I hate technology. I really do. I remember the first time we bought a computer. Marisa was a bout a week old. It must have taken 6 months for Bob to talk me into getting an e-mail address. I didn’t trust the new technology and I wanted nothing to do with it. Through the years, emailing has become almost my only communication tool. Last year, for Christmas, Bob bought me a laptop. I have had so much fun with it. Bob kept trying to get me to move ALL of my information over to the laptop and I finally did. Then, in February, my laptop died. It was barely over a year old and of course, the warranty ran out at a year! We took it into the repair shop and it took them 1 month to repair it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was livid. We didn’t even get it back in time to take on our trip to Florida. Anyway, I finally got it back and have had it now just about 2 weeks. So, guess what happened on Friday??? I did 3 hours of homework on the computer and when I came home from school my computer was dead- AGAIN!!! The tech shop guarantees their work for 90 days. I went back in tears and they said it could take a while to fix. I almost beat the cashier. Don’t they realize my ENTIRE life is on that thing?? Three hours of work and massive emails all unaccessible now. Anyway, onto better and brighter things...
On Tuesday, we had New Beginnings at the church. We had a nice dinner and they welcomed Kayla into the Young Women program. I think she is very excited to start.
Marisa has been working every waking hour on her NHD project (National History Day). The showcase is tomorrow and I will get some pictures of her awesome project. She has her solo performance this Tuesday and hopefully I can post it on the blog.
Kayla’s huge business fair is this week. She and her friend, Jan, spent 4 hours Saturday making their “snowballs” to sell. They did a great job and I guess we will see how many they sell on Thursday.
I got a new calling today. I am now the 1st counselor in a new Primary Presidency. I am excited, but as with all new callings, feeling a little overwhelmed. The people in the presidency are awesome though, so I know it will be a great experience.
I worked every day this week. I am getting some great exposure, but it looks like my chances of being hired at Excelsior this year are slim to none. In fact, they are downsizing, so they just transferred 2 teachers from Excelsior to the new school and they are very mad. They did open 10 new positions at the new school, but its farther away and that would put us in 4 different schools. I doubt I can handle that, so I am conflicted as to what to do. I did, however, have a teacher ask me to sub for 2 weeks while he has surgery on his back. He said the kids requested me, so that made me feel good. I am almost finished with my hideous grammar course! I did over 70 grammar worksheets this week, created a board game, wrote a paper, and have been studying for the midterm and final. “Grammar” is now a swear word in our home.
Ok, I guess that sums up the week. Always busy and full of stuff to do. Until next week...

No comments:

Utah- Part 4