Sunday, September 28, 2008

Do I LOOK that old?

September 28, 2008

This week, one of my students asked me if I had lived during the Revolutionary War and if so, what was it like for me? Boy did I laugh hard at that one! I would hate to think I look about 240 years old- yikes!! I also had another student this week- when asked what country he lives in, his reply was Iowa. A little hard to dispute that as I can see the logic in his answer! Needless to say, my job is very entertaining and I do enjoy it very much!

Kayla had a good game in volleyball. It was the last minute of the game, her team was losing and it was her turn to serve. She scored 6 points and won the game for her team! It was so exciting!

Tyler was accepted into Lego league. He can tell you more about it, but basically they work with some engineers from Rockwell and build robots. He has done well in his football games too. He is home sick today. I swear we have had every kind of yucky thing come here. I have been sick several times and I guarantee it has to do with my students. I need to walk around with a Lysol bubble around me! Alayna is home sick too. Sheesh!

We had an Open House at Linn Grove this week. We went for the family spaghetti dinner and to see the kids classrooms and what they have been working on. I took some pics of Alayna in her classroom and with her teacher. Tyler’s teacher wasn’t there because her daughter was in the hospital.

We have had several new families with teenagers move into the ward. Marisa has become friends with them and they have been hanging out. Marisa even went to the football game with them. This week we also had our annual Survivor kick-off party!

Well, I think that’s it for now...

No comments:

Utah- Part 4