Sunday, September 07, 2008

Happiness is good health and a bad memory

September 7, 2008

Happiness is good health and a bad memory. -- Ingrid Bergman

Well, at least I had one of those this week. I guess with being around all those middle school students I was bound to catch something. I thought I had strep, but when I went to the walk-in clinic they said I had a severe sinus infection. I am on anti-biotics now and will hopefully be feeling better by the time I head back to work tomorrow.

Marisa: Marisa started seminary and actually really enjoys it. She has a fantastic teacher that makes every day quite interesting. I think there are about 30 kids that attend. She is playing in the HS orchestra and is taking private violin lessons. On Friday she tried out for all-state. It was some VERY difficult music. She also joined the FCS club (Family and community service club), SODA (students opposing drugs and alcohol), Key club, and French club. So, as you can imagine, she is staying very busy!

Kayla: Kayla is really enjoying 7th grade. She has some great teachers this year. She is also on the school volleyball team and she really enjoys playing, except for the very mean coaches. She still plays the clarinet in the school band. She loves being in the YW program and this will be her first YW in Excellence on Wednesday. She and Marisa are doing a display and presentation on France. (Will post pictures next week.)

Tyler- AKA- Mr. Busybody: Tyler loves his teachers for fifth grade. He has joined the track team which goes for 3 weeks. He is playing the trombone in the 5th grade band. He starts the school choir next week. (He is looking forward to show choir in middle school) He also just sent in his application for the Lego League team. They work with engineers to built robots. It will be so cool. We will let you know if he gets in. He is also on a football team and is first game is this coming Saturday.

Alayna: Alayna is now in the full swing of 1st grade and loving it. I see her becoming more responsible and mature (just a little bit) She started taking gymnastics and is enjoying that so far. We FINALLY celebrated her birthday yesterday! She wanted a fun bowling party. I let her pick out the decorations, cake, and even her present. She loved it! She called it the “Pink, Kung Fu Panda, Bowling Party”. And it was! It looked like our table threw up Pepto-Bismol! She invited some friends and we had a great time bowling. We will not mention scores here! I will post some pics.

Bob: The lease on our van ran out, so Bob and I went to the dodge dealership intending to buy the one we had. However, the guy there gave us an incredible deal (which was better than buying the old one) so we bought (no more leasing) a brand new 2008 Town and Country mini-van with dual DVD player, seat warmers (front and back), keystart engine, even the side windows roll down and when I go in reverse, a camera shows me what is behind me. It’s so awesome! It took almost 5 hours to decide on it and do the paperwork, but we are thrilled to have it.

Kris: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my job! I have great students this year, a great schedule, and I LOVE teaching social studies. I have a new laptop with a projector and have some amazing resources at my fingertips so I am able to show my students some really cool stuff! It is tough being a working mom, and I am trying to get a good schedule established. I am the official seminary pickup and the after school chauffer. We will be putting some miles on this new car.

Ok, I think that sums up what is been going on around here. The temperature is cooling off just as our school got air conditioning. We would love to hear back from everyone to know if you get our newsletters, if you liked our pics, and what is going on in your lives?

No comments:

Utah- Part 4